Donation Progress

Donation Progress

This is a discussion on Donation Progress within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I know, whether you have donated or not, that you are curious about where we stand on donations. Or at least when this performance madness ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DC Founder

Smile Donation Progress

I know, whether you have donated or not, that you are curious about where we stand on donations. Or at least when this performance madness might end. While individual donation amounts should (and they will) be kept confidential, there's no reason why you shouldn't know the running total of donations so you can get an idea of when your investment here will pay off. For now I will post to this thread of where, exactly, we stand.

Our current goal is to move to a dedicated server, which varies in annual cost, but I am estimating it to cost us, realistically, about $2400 for a one year contract.

We are currently sitting on about $2510 in the treasury right now. I'll update this every evening until we have enough to move. I will be trying to make a final decision on a host this weekend and will pass that information on to you all when I have it.

Thanks, again, to all of you.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Awesome!

Great job folks!!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Hey Bumper, thanks for keeping us updated!

If I may be so bold, you might want to check out Surpass Hosting's dedicated server packages. My website's been hosted by Surpass for several years now, and let me tell you their support staff is awesome. If I have questions or issues of any type, they can usually get back to me within 10 minutes (going through their troubleshooting ticket system on their website). I have yet to need to actually call them for anything.

Anyway, just a friendly suggestion from a happy customer of theirs.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

My money's coming, Bumper - just can't spare it at the moment, but I WILL help the cause. Perhaps in a couple weeks.

JD
    Administrator
    I've sent what I can for right now, not much but I hope it helps :)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I dont mind folks knowing that right now all i could do is the amount of a 6 pack of good beer . I can do without the 6 pack for now lol . I may well be able to kick in more later , but have to see what the costs of this winter are for us ( allready lost 1/4 of my calf crop , and fuel useage to get to the rest is outa the world lol ) . I am not whining , or wanting pats on the back , but ****** no matter what anyone else decides is right for thier situation ( and for god's sake dont take money you need for your family ) I decided to commit to supporting the forum , and that is a FIRST for me . I ordered a pre paid debit card for online stuff ( being the non trusting soul i am ) and the first thing on it was a kick in for our forum . I call on all members to do what it takes , If your a young lad in school then have a toga party and charge admission , send half the profits , bank the other half for future worthy causes lol . get inventive , but lets secure the forum with some cash in an account drawing intrest , Lets dont let bumper go begging every year or so just to keep us alive . I can post this since i am not part of the board staff , Just another member voicing his opinion .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to not seeing "Server to Busy."

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Two 8-packs of Guinness per year is about all this place is worth to me. If you guys knew how much I like Guinness, only then could you understand the magnitude of that sacrifice. It was either that or give up a bag of dog food. My dog (Nate) likes the forum, but not that much.

Last edited by lowflyer; January 26th, 2007 at 02:24 PM.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

LOL as posted keep nate happy , ( dont take food from your family portion of my post ) and by all means you need more beer than that ... may i suggest you do it one for one after the first two ... one for you and one for the furum ?? ... I just know i am gonna get in trouble with the mods for this crap but what the hell lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

VIP Member
    Just look at it as training. This forum is worth at least one box of 50 training rounds per month. I know I get at least that much experience and knowledge out of it. Consider it muscle memory and practice for the brain.

I urge folks to pony up what they can realistically.

Bumper, a second pass from me is on the way. I used to ranch and I now work for the BLM and I know the ranchers of our crowd, especially those from Colorado and Wyoming have taken it in the shorts this year. Consider it from them. Money sent via paypal.

Semper Fi,
    Mitch
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

DC Founder
    Well, as always, I (we) appreciate all of the support we continue to get. I certainly can appreciate the magnitude of giving up a few Guinness, my favorite adult beverage. And I used to farm/ranch, too, so understand the hardships, too. We run a forum, you feed the country. Enough said. And, no, RR, you aren't getting in any trouble....

Donation amount has been updated above.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Chorizo Thanks , and i truly appreciate the fourm, as well as your guifting to it , but if you have ben out here and dealing with us you will understand when i say ill do my own thing as money allows LOL . But hey double up on it and ill deny likeing it twice as much LOL .

Assistant Administrator
    That total is getting on up there nicely - it's very gratifying to see so much response from so many.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Honestly i was going to discuss this via pm with some of the mods , but what the hell . What do you think about having a subscribers thread that is just for the pay folks , now no real garontee on what is accessed there , but possibly some files , and a discussion others do not access .. A thought for bumper and all , and i will kick off with some 1911 and some ar15 smithing files .. if we want to set up an advantage to subscribing ... just a thought and sorry for any thread hijack .

VIP Member
    Redneck Repairs: But hey double up on it and ill deny likeing it twice as much LOL .

I ain't offerin charity, just think of it as some of your tax money coming back to help!!! Keep complaning and I just might send in my whole next paycheck....that'll show you.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links