Posting Pictures

This is a discussion on Posting Pictures within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Can someone please tell me how to go about posting pictures along with a text post. Thanks. Ron...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Pictures

Posting Pictures

Can someone please tell me how to go about posting pictures along with a text post. Thanks.

Ron

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    You have to have images hosted on a free image hosting service like www.imageshack.us Once you have that, and have hosted a picture there, copy the URL for a direct link to the picture. Then while posting here, you just push the little picture button at the top of the text edit box. It will ask for a URL. Paste in your URL for the direct link to the picture that you have hosted.

It sounds harder than it really is. First thing's first...set up an image hosting account - the are free.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

you can also use the gallery here to post pics hopefully chris will come by and help ya he is the resident pic guru

VIP Member
    Because of the problems we are having with access speed, Bumper removed the second line of links in the blue at the top of the page. The link to the Member's Gallery was on the second line. Use this link to get to the gallery and you can post pictures there. Then open the picture and copy the direct link code. In your post click on the icon to insert and image and paste the direct link in.

There are other ways to do it, but this works well.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Ron - indeed yes - three options actually and two have been suggested. I keep meaning to write a help page for this purpose and will try to do so.

You can also write your message, and ........ add a pic that is on your computer as an attachment - go to this page of mine which is actually for another site help but is same principle ..... Using attachments.

Do try and keep pics within reasonable size limits both physically and re file size - it helps speed up folk's downloads.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

OK, thanks guys. I have a new gun and thought that it might be fun to post a picture. I will have a go at it soon and see what happens.

Ron

Administrator

Ron

A picture would be great.
    Give it a try & if you have any problems PM me & we'll try & if that fails...you can send send it to me in an E-mail & I'll post it for you. We'll get your photo on the forum some kinda way.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    A picture would be great.
    Give it a try & if you have any problems PM me & we'll try & if that fails...you can send send it to me in an E-mail & I'll post it for you. We'll get your photo on the forum some kinda way.
    Thanks. If I have trouble, I will, indeed, take you up on your kind offer of help.

Ron

Assistant Administrator
    Ron - your request prompted me to put up a help page - in case anything there that might further assist you, or anyone else ...... take a peek at Picture Posting Help
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks Chris...

I had the same question...I've printed the info...

Respectfully...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member

Problems until things settle down?

I tried to post some pictures today but it doesn't seem to want to take. I used the attachment route and the gallery route. Problems with posting until we settle down?
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

VIP Member
    The Gallery that holds the pictures is controlled by a script and when there is an upgrade of the software Bumper has to revise the script. I expect the move to a new server with a new IP address has caused some problems with the script again.

Please bear with us. Bumper may not fix the script until we get moved to our permanent server. He mentioned to the moderators a few days ago that moving to the dedicated server might enable him to use a different piece of software for the gallery and that should negate the need to reconfigure everytime the forum software is updated.

I'm sure Bumper will have more info for us when he slows down a bit. I expect he is spending a good deal of time right now trying to recover the 3 days of posts that are missing.

Take care and thanks for hanging in there with us.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member
    Thanks. Figured that it had something to do with the swap.

Hanging tight until everything is fixed.

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Sorry;;just looking for a place to test an avatar.

Distinguished Member
    Still problems with posting pictures by attachment. I have posted pictures by using the hosting route so we can get by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links