Change to Purple!

This is a discussion on Change to Purple! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I urge fellow members to change their name from black to purple. Check the bottom of the forum page to look at the active user ...

Thread: Change to Purple!

Distinguished Member

Change to Purple!

I urge fellow members to change their name from black to purple. Check the bottom of the forum page to look at the active user list in the "What's going on" section.

To make the change, look at the top of each forum category under announcement.

While this isn't a "pay to play" type of forum, as Bumper has so eloquently states, if you can give even just a little, you can make the switch and help us make this a more user friendly forum

For the record: I am not an administrator nor am I associated with the forum other than just a fellow member.

Thanks.
    Mitch
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    C'mon, guys, fork over a few bucks! Any little bit will help, and it's for a darn good cause, our forum.

I can't be the only one that's getting tired of seeing that obnoxious "server too busy" warning.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Assistant Administrator
    Mitch - good work, you and already many others.

The donation link is now tho easy to find for all as Bumper has fixed and reapplied our second links bar. Yeehaw!

Donations link is on left.

I might add BTW - if anyone should have super strong feelings re their color change and want anonimity please shout - we can ''decolorize you'' if really needed

A reminder to folks who do not or cannot contribute - please, please, do not feel outdone. There is no wish to have a two class structure here and I do hope no one feels that, - everyone is equal - we can ban anyone LOL ().

The color change is about the simplest acknowledgement possible that gives a contributor some recognition and thanks. Some folks who cannot right now contribute monetarily in fact may well do so simply by their postal contributions. Good to have y'all on board.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    A number of you have said that the purple color is a bit much, "tacky" and making them to bold. This is a temporary solution to having a simple graphic on the left side under your name. Actually it is currently represented by a small grey "dot". Those that donate will, hopefully later tonight, have the purple name tag replaced by a graphic where the gray one is now. Mousing over it will tell you that the member is a contributor. I have been trying to figure out a way to do this for a week now and finally I think I may have it about worked out.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Hey!! It worked, lol. I submitted that post and voila, the graphic showed up

This graphic may change overnight as I experiment....
    Bumper

Distinguished Member
    Great idea!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Whatever You Do...

Is fine with me...

Solve the problem of speed...I don't care about the label, color, title, or anything else...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    Okay, all, I have all of the graphics added to those that have donated and turned off the purple name tags. Everyone that has donated has been added to the "Contributing Members" usergroup. When you donate by PayPal, you will be automatically be added to this group; mail donations require a manual change. Because of the way I had to cheat the script to display the graphic, you will not automatically have the graphic added so be patient, I have to do this manually. If I somehow miss adding it to anyone, please don't hesitate to PM me and let me know.

I think this is the best way to give those donating to the forum the recognition they deserve, without the result being too overwhelming. You can, if you would rather, turn the graphic display off in the User Control Panel. You cannot change your usergroup, however. Those that are mailing a chack through the mail will know it has been received when the little graphic appears....
    Bumper

Links