Thanks To Contributors

Thanks To Contributors

This is a discussion on Thanks To Contributors within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I would like to extend my personal thanks to all the members who contributed monetarily to the forum so Bumper (AKA El Jefe ) could ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks To Contributors

1943 - 2009

Thumbs up Thanks To Contributors

I would like to extend my personal thanks to all the members who contributed monetarily to the forum so Bumper (AKA El Jefe) could move us to a dedicated server.

Well done, troops!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Assistant Administrator
    I totally agree Terry and the response has been superb.

We are in a sense only part the ways thru, as right now we are sitting on a virtual dedictated as an emergency measure because of the foul-up the other day. That sure is way better of course but the main move to true dedicated will be the final stage quite soon.

Once there we will still need to keep ourselves on it and so ideally maintain a steady trickle into the coffers over time ready for the next year's fees.

As I posted elsewhere, it was more than fortuitous we had already gotten donations under way when we did, as the old host pulling the plug as they did would have left us high and dry for much much longer probably.

We have some great folks on board.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I would like also to thank those posters who cannot contribute due to thier situations . All posters have pushed this board to where it its today , and a fine mod team rides herd ( some of them in sandles and socks ) on us unruley rabble . Contributers thank you for the money , and to thoes of you who cannot contribute , thank you for your time and posts .
    Last edited by rstickle; February 3rd, 2007 at 10:42 AM.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

One way to keep the "trickle" coming might be to consider a pay-for-services type approach. AR15.com does this, whereby the search utility is limited to 30days unless you become a paying member; archives are opened up more and more as you slide up the scale (contributions); and so on. Of course, AR15.com has thousands of posters at any given time, and I can't imagine how large their paying membership is. But if cc.com keeps growing in popularity, at some point it is going to need a boost in hardware. That costs $$.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    CCW tho i do admit in the last little bit i have spent some time looking over at ar15 , i have not even signed up , and frankly do not plan on it . Obviously they are a successfull forum with some great and knolegeable members , but... they have some real issues too .. I wont speak to my actual thoughts on the way its run since i really try not to run down any firearms forum . Suffice it to say if we become a clone well it will be yall not we , cause i am outa here LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'm right there with ya' RR.
    I've got some fairly heavy medical bills trickling in now but as soon as I'm able I'll pony up for a contribution ... disability sucks!
    Jack

1943 - 2009
    Once there we will still need to keep ourselves on it and so ideally maintain a steady trickle into the coffers over time ready for the next year's fees.
    I'm up for that idea. Personally, I'm perfectly willing to commit to an annual contribution. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute substantially more next year over the paltry sum I was able to give this year.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Like I said before the amount I spend on yearly magazine subcriptions and magazine purchases at wallyworld this is one magazine that is ever new and always there. My wife hates it. "Oh he is on that gun site again"!

I love it and whatever it takes to keep it running I am there for it. The caliber of folk here is top notch and the mod team is fantastic! Keep up the good work! I learn more everyday.

I think it has been said that those that cannot give right now give in ways that can only help this board, by posting with their knowledge and clarity. I have no problem helping to cover them on this one!

As far as moving to a subscription type I think that might change the type of board this is. Do you have to let someone who subscribed stay on here even if they become unruly? even if I am a contributer voluntarily and decided to become a pain to someone I would expect the mods to kick me off and by just being a contributer the team has no obligation to me what so ever.

Just my 2cents.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Assistant Administrator
    Indeed Rugerman it has to be made very clear that contributors cannot and do not gain privelage and so if out of line would be no less likely to be reprimanded or even if need be banned.

Much as anything this is to keep a level playing field - folks who cannot chip in should not be in any way 2nd class members. A CC member is just that - a CC member.

I think maybe rather than subscriptions as a fixture, perhaps we will need when we get towards year's end, to give a nudge to all to indicate - ''hey folks, it's that time of year again!" If however there is a trickle thru the year also that will still help out naturally.

For most part too, we do seem to attract the folks who enjoy our ''climate'' and so thankfully, we do not have to wield the whip too often anyways!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    I have an idea that has been drifting inside my head for the past 2 weeks or so. After the move, look for a thread called "penny for your thoughts", I'm sure it will work. It won't be rude, crude or socially unacceptable, just a way to keep the bucks in order for next year. Gotta keep this place open to all members, some can donate and some can not, but it must remain open to all. If ya can't, so be it. If ya can, we will get it from ya in the next year as we grow in out new home. We should have enough in the pot now to move. If we as members can help with getting records or money or whatever back from the old people by sending emails and letters, let us know, I know I will do whatever is asked. Thanx to bumper and his crew for the best thing out here.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

DC Founder
    A couple of things...

We do now have enough money to pay for a year's woth of hosting so we're good on that. With trickling in of funds over the next year, I think we will have the other site costs and a start on the next year's hosting underway. I will continue to seed the fund with my normal level of support. As long as we get a modest trickle I think we're good for now. We will, eventually, need more funding than we can easily raise through donations and I am working on some projects that will, eventually, bring in enough to help fund this forum.

I don't want to get the reputation of always having my hand out, so if you all would, take a minute and go into your User CP and enter the date that you donated so you will have it as a future reference, I would appreciate it. Had the old host not caused us to lose data, I would have had a record of this built into the member record, but as it stands now, we don't. Down the road you can look and see when you last contributed and may act (or not) without me having to sound like a PBS television marketer. I just don't have it in me to be a salesman or solicitor.

I would also mention here, that Chris is absolutely right about donations not having any impact on the moderation or enforcement of our rules. I hope the day never comes that we have to revoke the membership (ban) someone that donated. But if it needs to be done, it will be without hesitation. I believe most of you would insist that the standards of the community be upheld regardless of a member's contributor status. Doing otherwise would, IMHO, be the beginning of the end of our success.

Again, and I cannot say this enough, I appreciate everyone's donations and participation in the forum. You have made the forum what it is today. And I'm proud to have you here....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thumbs up We're "ALL" the same

We appear to all be of the same opinion..... WE ARE FAMILY!

Not every member of a family can be there to chip in to help pay Mom & Dad's mortgage. But, they still "ALL" show up and help in anyway they can.

The most important contribution is being there to help in the way you can.

This site is about "Responsible Citizens" who share information with the rest of the family and are there to provide moral support..... We all do that.

To our FAMILY..... "WE'RE ALL STILL HERE.... THANKS BUMPER AND ALL OF OUR FAMILY".
    Condition "yellow" is a heightened state of awareness & response.
    It is not paranoia...
    "IT IS YOUR ONLY ROUTE TO SURVIVAL"

An armed & knowledgeble Citizen has significantly increased their chances of continued Freedom & Safety... SO ALSO IMPROVED IS THE FUTURE OF THEIR NEIGHBORS

Glad to support this great fourm!
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    so if you all would, take a minute and go into your User CP and enter the date that you donated so you will have it as a future reference, I would appreciate it.
    Done.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Lightbulb

Your welcome. Glad to help.

How about sponsoring a raffle of donated items from our members to raise future funds. I'd luv to win something from one of our esteemed holster makers.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links