Combat Carry, its nice here

This is a discussion on Combat Carry, its nice here within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Well thats nothin bad Bumper, with age comes wisdom and experience. But if anyone is middle aged, they are twice my age, and if they ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Combat Carry, its nice here

Well thats nothin bad Bumper, with age comes wisdom and experience. But if anyone is middle aged, they are twice my age, and if they are gettin close to drawin social security, thats three times my age.

It's even nicer here now that things got moved though, so thanks for that.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Just messing with ya, Buckeye. I'm not sensitive about my age. I guess I am somewhere between middle aged and social security. I figure if I was hit by a bus in the morning going to work, I've lived longer than many....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

One of my favorite quotes about wisdom:

A smart man knows not to touch fire because it looks hot.

A wise man knows not to touch fire because he's been burned before.
    Lots of wise people around here.

I'll say that I agree with what buckeye said. Best gun forum I've been to as yet.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Heck us old fogys need pups like buckeye and all .. they keep us on our toes lol . Seriously tho age is in no way a yardstick of anything . I have known a lot more fellas that had one year experiance 20 times than i have folks who actualy have 20 years experiance .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member
    Experience only counts when you learn from it. I have seen a lot of 55 year old idiots because they have failed to learn from what has happened to them.

Critical thought, desire to learn, ability to learn. Buckeye07, you seem to have all three. I'll take you at my Six anytime.

This is a great place. I know I come away smarter every time.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Thanks Chorizo,
    I know enough Devil Dogs to know thats high praise from an old Jarhead. I blame most of those skills on my development while I was in Marine NROTC, and my guidance from the MOI and the MECEPs.

Experience only works if you learn from it and constantly analyze everything.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I agree. This is the only CCW forum that I look at now. I got tired of the BS at PDO a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago. I also have not visited the S&W or the Sig forum in quite some time.

Combatcarry.com has mature well informed members that I really enjoy sharing my knowledge with and more importantly learning from.

Great job guys.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

too bad they don't offer college courses in this stuff.
    the info you get here is priceless. i too don't go to anymore "gun" forums anymore. -don't have time. i'm always here absorbing and occasionally leaking my brain out here.
    What's this button do?

I'm hooked too. I really learn a lot on here and want to thank you guys a bunch!!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I'm a member of several other forums but I find if I only have time to look\browse only one - it's this one.
    For God, Family and Country!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I agree. This is the only CCW forum that I look at now. I got tired of the BS at PDO a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago. I also have not visited the S&W or the Sig forum in quite some time.
    I still go back the the SIGForum frequently. The funny thing is that I'll read a reply or something that wouldn't be allowed here and "reach" for the "Mod button", then realize I can't do that over there.

We are different!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

DC Founder
    There are several other good forums out there, and they all (even the really bad ones) have some good information. To me, it's all about how much BS, bravado, flames you have to negotiate through to get at the valuable information, that makes a forum "good" or "bad".

This forum was recently reviewed (critiqued is actually a better description), by my request, and under the heading "First Impressions", the reviewer said:

A very active, well-educated site for firearms enthusiasts. Notice, I didn't say "gun nuts." This is not a distinction I make solely for the esteem of this thread's author, but to make clear that there ARE such sites as the latter available. They are almost uniformly crass, flame-warrish, self-important diatribes strung together to resemble a forum. This is not one of them. It is well organized and attended, and a surprisingly peaceable group...despite the fact that you know everyone's armed or planning to be.
    This is precisely how I want this forum to be viewed by our members, our supporters and our detractors. Gun owners, and thus gun rights, are not going to advance one step if the public perceives us as being nuts or crazies. Whether you agree or disagree with how this forum is run, I think we benefit permit holders, gun owners and gun and CCW rights by not being what that reviewer describes many gun forums to be. I believe many of you (not all) appreciate that. That is why we work so hard on this forum. When it becomes obvious that this isn't what our members want, I will close the doors.

I'm encouraged by the participation and attitude of our core membership and am proud to have all of you here....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Bumper, I think this exactly what the members want. That is why you see so many new members and why we have so many members that say exactly what the other posters on this thread have said.

I, for one, have checked out other forums, but am happy here. I like the atmosphere and am happy that my son (8 years old) can browse around without my worrying what he will read or pick up.

The Mods do a great job in keeping it clean and neat here. I would hope their jobs aren't too strenuous as anyone who checks us out can clearly see there are no unruly or offensive posts to be found. They are cleaned up quickly and without any fuss.

Thanks.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I can't tell you how many times during the day I drop by this site to see what new threads have been posted. You know, I came across this page completely by accident. I did a google search for some gun review and this page was at the top of the list so I went in and checked it out. Occasionally there might be a link to check out another forum like Glock or 1911 for example and I must say that this is one of the most imformative and courteous sites around. No juvenile comments or cheap shots because your opinion might not match someone else's. I'm looking forward to having more free time to post some pictures and range reviews. Until then stay safe and thanks for the hospitality!

-COWBOYF550

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links