DefensiveCarry.com

This is a discussion on DefensiveCarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Either/ or. Its the people that make it what it is. Its your call Bumper, Ill still be around...

View Poll Results: What do you think about the name changing? I prefer:

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • CombatCarry.com

48 21.82%
  • DefensiveCarry.com

121 55.00%
  • No preference

51 23.18%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DefensiveCarry.com

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Either/ or. Its the people that make it what it is. Its your call Bumper, Ill still be around
    Fear No Evil.

2. Remove Ads

Defending one's self IS combat. I carry for combat. It isn't the Tango, it is the dance of death.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I voted no preference. I like the name CombatCarry but DefensiveCarry fits the purpose of this site and has less of a militant sound to it. It's kinda like the disscussion of "do I call it a gun, a weapon, a self defence implement, or a ham sandwich?". In the end it just is what it is. I see no reason why seeing DefensiveCarry at the top of the page should turn anyone off.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

I prefer defensivecarry.com

I have no real name preference though I do see where DefensiveCarry would seem more acceptable.

It doesn't matter to me, what makes this site great is the people.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Like everyone said, it's your site and you can call it whatever you want. It's still a wonderful site for information and just all around gabbing with others.

Just don't change the header photo with socks and sandals.

I voted Defensive Carry also.

Quote Originally Posted by kairo View Post
    I like defensive carry.

That is why I carry. To defend myself.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Senior Moderator
    I like it the way it is.

Too many people that carry guns do it with the wrong mindset, one of the reasons that people carry ineffective,pipsqueak calibers.

If you ever do have to shoot, it will be total COMBAT even if only for a few seconds and if you dont treat it as such your next trip might be to the morgue.

Defensive carry,to me, just sounds lame.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Defensive carry,to me, just sounds lame
    Bob - it may have less ''impact'' but IMO we carry to defend ourselves - as a primary motivation. I am not looking for combat and neither I reckon are most.

If however a defensive situation demands combat per se - then so be it but IMO that is a secondary consequence of being defensively prepared.

Just me being pedantic LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Bob - it may have less ''impact'' but IMO we carry to defend ourselves - as a primary motivation. I am not looking for combat and neither I reckon are most.
    Thats a good thing...

what the title does speak of though, is that defensive use of a firearm IS combat, whether we like to think of it that way or not.

In any case,
    thats my story and Im sticking with it...

Looks like Im being seriously outgunned here though.
    If this happens, Im going to have to change the icon on my desktop.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Dude...it's your call. You could even call it both for a while...

I like Chris' thought process...the mission is about self-defense.

As much as I HATE to be politically correct, I did have a very frank and honest (read: somewhat heated) e-mail exchange today with a member of the Arkansas Legislature regarding the "Stand Your Ground" bill. That just reminds me, in a personal way, that we may be facing a very tense political climate in the next decade vis-a-vis weapons ownership and carrying. "DefensiveCarry.com" would clearly tell all what this community is about. It would also be less inflamatory should some politico decide to hold up "gun boards" as evidence of "nuts-run-amok."

Gosh...I must be growing up...or getting soft... Did I mention that I hate being politically correct?

Either way...I'll still be around making trouble for legislators...I hope.

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Think long and hard before you do this name change. It's totally possible the name change could effect global warming, people could end up falling off the face of the earth and it could possibly start a nuclear war. If this happens then of course sheep from other galaxy's could invade our planet.

DC Founder
    A couple of people have mentioned political correctness, which I don't think enters into this at all. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with this process from my end. It is simply more focused towards why we carry, for defensive reasons. It is, however, as I said before and HotGuns and a couple of others said, combat when the SHTF and you have to defend yourself. There are, though, alot of people that simply don't check the site out because they think it has something to do with the military. If a name change makes us more credible, as an organization, then that is certainly a bonus....

It sounds like there's more in favor than against, so I will move ahead with the name change. I appreciate all of you weighing in on the issue. It will be a couple more weeks probably before we can get the change made, but at least we can now get prepared for the transition....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

i think we all know what this site contains. and if you don't know at first, you quickly find out. it's respectful here. it's organized; and it's more informative than any other site that i (and obviously others) have been to. so IMO, i comes down to ... which name does everyone really LIKE. throw the dice Bumper, baby needs a new pair of shoes!
    What's this button do?

well bumper........this is by far the best website around for the content that is here. =O) however i think it would gather more attention and give the CORRECT view of how the vast majority of people here think and see things......we are not carrying guns for combat, we are carrying them for defense. I did vote as impartial because it is not my call.....i will visit reguardless of the name. i just think it would give the webpage a better public view =o)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links