DefensiveCarry.com - Page 6

DefensiveCarry.com

This is a discussion on DefensiveCarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Bumper I will redirect traffic from any CombatCarry to the new domain automatically. The favicon will remain the same so you can ...

View Poll Results: What do you think about the name changing? I prefer:

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • CombatCarry.com

48 21.82%
  • DefensiveCarry.com

121 55.00%
  • No preference

51 23.18%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: DefensiveCarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I will redirect traffic from any CombatCarry to the new domain automatically. The favicon will remain the same so you can re-bookmark or just edit the URL in your favorites.....
    I'll re-bookmark then as soon as I notice the move has occurred, wasn't sure if I would need to that first time though.
    Either way I'm sure there will be plenty of heads ups and announcements on the site to remind us.

I say change to Defensive. "Combat" is not really what we are here to discuss. Also, it does have the sound that the anti crowd can latch on to. Defensive more accurately describes our professionalism and responsibility.
    Airborne!

Go for it

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    If ever the good Lord puts me in a situation where I must defend myself with deadly force, believe me when I say that I will be in FULL COMBAT MODE.

I prefer the original name.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Exclamation

This is one of the best stops on the web! I voted to keep the Combat name because I'm comfortable with it, that said, do what you feel is right. Bumper, you do us all a great service with these forums.
    I just would hate to see the change brought about for "PC"reasons, that's a slippery slope. We can combat illiteracy, disease, evil, hunger, ect. [Of course if it had been called "MortalCombatCarry I might feel differently.] Do as you will sir, you have my support regardless.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

I am all for it staying combat carry. The new visual layout and home page annoy me, I liked the simple layout it had when I first came here. Seems like a case of if it is not broke don't fix it. A little monkeying here, a little monkeying there will add up.

Strong preference for Defensivecarry here.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofgore View Post
    I am all for it staying combat carry. The new visual layout and home page annoy me, I liked the simple layout it had when I first came here. Seems like a case of if it is not broke don't fix it. A little monkeying here, a little monkeying there will add up.
    Interesting considering I haven't changed the layout in almost a year and you've been a member since October. I think you are thinking of a different forum than this.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Interesting considering I haven't changed the layout in almost a year and you've been a member since October. I think you are thinking of a different forum than this.....
    Bumper, I suspect that he is talking about the page that comes up at http://www.combatcarry.com if you logged out before you left. It's a strange thing. If I don't log out and go to that page I get this message:
    dr_cmg, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    If I do log out, which clear the cookies, and go to the page from the link above I get the default front page with the calendar, the lists of various new posts, etc. I don't get your introductory message with the CC vBulletin link at the bottom of the page. I think I mentioned this the day we moved to Tranquil Hosting, but with all the other things going on you might have missed it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

same thing happens to me. i just click on FAQS or something then click on forum and all is good.
    What's this button do?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by downrange View Post
    same thing happens to me. i just click on FAQS or something then click on forum and all is good.
    If you click the square for the system to remember you you won't have to log in. Then make a favorite of the main menu page: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/index.php
    Then use it to come to the site.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

WHat I am referring to is the page that has the few posts in the middle. Some new updates on the right and the user info on the left. Before once I came here after the little disclaimer page it put me right into the forum tree where I could just click on what section I wanted to go to and see the posts there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofgore View Post
    WHat I am referring to is the page that has the few posts in the middle. Some new updates on the right and the user info on the left. Before once I came here after the little disclaimer page it put me right into the forum tree where I could just click on what section I wanted to go to and see the posts there.
    Good to hear that, now I know you were talking about the same page I mentioned. I think we'll get it straightened out shortly. Allowing cookies, checking remember, and making a favorite or bookmark helps to remove that step.
    George

Add me to the Defensive Carry group.

After all, while we are all warriors, we are NOT aggressors. Let anyone who thinks that "defensive" means weak hang around this online community for a while. I think they would find something drastically different.

Dave.
    Go beyond that which is required of you...

You might as well change it to Crack.com because I am addicted.

Seriously, I don't care what you call it.

As long as it retains the same "family" atmosphere, I'll spend way more time here than I should!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links