DefensiveCarry.com

This is a discussion on DefensiveCarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Even the all knowing and never wrong federal government changed from the "War" Department to the "Defense" Department. For the same reason we want to ...

View Poll Results: What do you think about the name changing? I prefer:

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • CombatCarry.com

48 21.82%
  • DefensiveCarry.com

121 55.00%
  • No preference

51 23.18%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: DefensiveCarry.com

VIP Member
    Even the all knowing and never wrong federal government changed from the "War" Department to the "Defense" Department. For the same reason we want to change. "Defense" and "Defensive" better describe what each of the groups are about than "War" and "Combat." "Defense" and "Defensive" may or may not mean an actual engagement in war or combat sometimes it is the simple presence that is a deterrent. We as concealed carriers all say that we hope we never have to use our guns, but are prepared to use them. Even in a situation where we may have to show or even draw them we hope that the action of showing or drawing will defuse the situation. When we draw we are prepared to use the gun if necessary, but hope not to have to. If we are forced to use it we are trained to shoot until the aggressor stops not until he is dead. Sometimes death is the result, but never the plan. Defensive Carry is the philosophy of this board and the DefensiveCarry name reflects that.
    Last edited by dr_cmg; February 24th, 2007 at 02:44 PM.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofgore View Post
    WHat I am referring to is the page that has the few posts in the middle. Some new updates on the right and the user info on the left. Before once I came here after the little disclaimer page it put me right into the forum tree where I could just click on what section I wanted to go to and see the posts there.
    Ahh, okay, got ya now, sorry. That was not a planned change and as George said, was something missed when I was cleaning up after the move. The page you are talking about is the portal page and I have been toying with the idea of removing it. It is not widely used. People usually just bookmark the forum and come straight in....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

This a great forum as it is, but I do believe changing the name to Defensive Carry would be a positive change, IMHO.

Either way, I love the site and recommend it to most people. I like to read it, and not so much post to it mostly cause I can find what I want to know because someone else has already answered it. Keep it real, people will know quality when they see it.

(I havent read through the entire thread so forgive me if I am repeating anything)

IMO, it needs to be changed. The name Combatcarry seems to come across abit, shall I say, aggressive.

Go for it! :)
    Beretta 92FS

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Your call. I'll be here no matter what it is called. I love this place. On that note, I am going to go ahead and make my donation to the forum.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

DC Founder
    Thanks, Doc, I got it and have added your contributor graphic....
    Bumper

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I'm too late to vote, but my vote would be for DefensiveCarry.com

It really is what the forum is about, and what's more, it's much easier on the feeble brains of the Less to have to justify to them. Who can disagree with defense?!

(I know, don't answer that.)

DC Founder
    Althouh voting closed, it seems like, statistically, the percentages stayed pretty much the same through most of the time it was open. I think it is a more accurate statement of what we are, although I think we all agree that self defense is combat when it comes right down to it. Hopefully, most of us will carry for defensive reasons but not have to learn about the combat side of it firsthand....
    Bumper

Anything new on this front? Is the name changing, and if so when?

DC Founder
    My current plan is to change it somewhere around mid-May. I have to many other projects going right now to make the move. I'll make an announcement a week or so before and provide redirects to the new site.....
    Bumper

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Someone said DefenseCarry would be more politically correct which I don't care about but I will say that DefenseCarry better describes this wonderful site.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Call it whatever you want. This is a great site with a group of people that are second to none. I feel fortunate to have found this site, it is a wealth if information. I tell everyone I know who owns a gun or is thinking of buying one to log on and take a look.

DefenseCarry is more PC, but I really don't care.

I just appreciate the fact that someone put all the expense,effort and time to provide people with a discussion format for us to learn and share on.
    Thanks a Bunch,

Hop

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links