When I think of "combat carry," I think of OPEN carry, yet there is no section 4 that

When I think of "combat carry," I think of OPEN carry, yet there is no section 4 that

This is a discussion on When I think of "combat carry," I think of OPEN carry, yet there is no section 4 that within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; It's kind of odd that there is no section for open carry on a site titled "combat" carry. Carrying concealed is not only not the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When I think of "combat carry," I think of OPEN carry, yet there is no section 4 that

Question When I think of "combat carry," I think of OPEN carry, yet there is no section 4 that

It's kind of odd that there is no section for open carry on a site titled "combat" carry. Carrying concealed is not only not the only way to engage in "combat carry," by definition, if you're in "combat," your gun is in the OPEN. Open carry is our last remaining carry right in some states except Vermont and Alaska (since getting a permit means you're begging for a privilege). We need to be supporting open carry where it is still legal.

VIP Member
    It is not unusual at all for us here.....this site specializes in concealed carrying...and not open carry. Note the banner: CONCEALED WEAPONS CARRY, FIREARMS, EDGED WEAPONS, TACTICAL EQUIPMENT, TRAINING, LAW ENFORCEMENT & MILITARY

Open carry is not referenced in the banner.

We have been known to have an occasional discussion regarding open carry, but sad to say, most of those discussions go downhill might quick.

Hence, no section regarding open carry.

By the way....welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by srfl; March 5th, 2007 at 08:10 PM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

usually open carry posts turn south real fast and end up getting closed

Most places where open carry is legal like michigan here

try going out side and see how far ya get

I prefer concealed keeps um wondering

Open carry here too, 0.0000001 percent of people carry that way though.

Combat carry does not make me think of open carry. Anyway, we'll be Defensive Carry soon.

you can try opencarry.org, they seem to have a lot of good information on open carry issues.
    Sprinfield XD 4" .45 Compact
    Blackhawk SERPA

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Here in FL, open carry is not an option...and I would rather not!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

but sad to say, most of those discussions go downhill might quick.
    It sounds like there's a lot of hostility by the mods towards this idea so I don't expect it to be implemented, but it sounds like you're blaming the subject instead of people who violated the rules.
    usually open carry posts turn south real fast and end up getting closed
    Again, that sounds like you're blaming the SUBJECT instead of those responsible for bad actions.

What's the difference between brady campaign blaming guns for the bad actions of some, and blaming the SUBJECT of open carry for the bad actions of some? I see no difference.

Like I said, it doesn't sound like an "open carry" section is coming anytime soon (even though it's the definition of "combat"), but thanks for listening anyway.

Lead Moderator
    No hostility towards the subject.We tend to can problem threads as they go south. This site is deticated to Concealed carry and related material.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome!

Indeed I'll reiterate - zero hostility to the subject but try telling that to some folks who debate at a level of hostility sometimes! It is contentious for many people, that is plain - and discussion is rarely on a civil level for all that long as we see panties getting bunched

Combat Carry is indeed actually dedicated to concealed carry and responsible gun ownership as a primary mission.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

that's what i eventually came to realize. you could get everyone in this forum to support open carry then times it by ten and you still wouldn't be able to get past a gas station and a 7-11 before some scared individual feels the need to call the police because they saw a 'gun' outside of T.V.. they prefer to have their criminals hiding until an incident hits the news and then they can say "I'm glad i wasn't there. what has this world come to? this use to be such a quiet neighborhood." then go to bed and pull the covers over their head. we'll always be out numbered in that regard, but not defenceless.
    What's this button do?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpistol.com View Post
    Like I said, it doesn't sound like an "open carry" section is coming anytime soon (even though it's the definition of "combat"), but thanks for listening anyway.
    Combat:, or fighting, is purposeful violent conflict intended to establish dominance over the opposition.

The term "combat" typically refers to armed conflict between military forces in warfare, whereas the more general term "fighting" can refer to any violent conflict, including boxing and wrestling matches. Combat violence can be unilateral, whereas fighting implies at least a defensive reaction. However, the terms are often used synonymously.

Combat may take place under a certain set of rules or be unregulated. Examples of rules include the Geneva Conventions (covering the treatment of soldiers in war), medieval Chivalry (the code of many knightly orders including the Knights of the Round Table of Arthurian legend), and the Marquess of Queensberry rules (covering boxing).

Combat in warfare involves two or more opposing military organizations, usually fighting for nations at war (although guerrilla warfare and suppression of insurgencies can fall outside this definition). Warfare falls under the laws of war, which govern its purposes and conduct, and protect the rights of soldiers and non-combatants.

Combat may be armed (using weapons) or unarmed. Hand-to-hand (mêlée) combat is combat at very close range, touching the opponent with the body (striking, kicking, strangling, etc.) and/or with a mêlée weapon (knives, swords, batons, etc.), as opposed to firing or throwing a projectile.

Hand-to-hand combat can be further divided into three sections depending on the distance and positioning of the combatants:

* Stand-up fighting
    * Clinch fighting
    * Ground fighting

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpistol.com View Post
    It's kind of odd that there is no section for open carry on a site titled "combat" carry. Carrying concealed is not only not the only way to engage in "combat carry," by definition, if you're in "combat," your gun is in the OPEN. Open carry is our last remaining carry right in some states except Vermont and Alaska (since getting a permit means you're begging for a privilege). We need to be supporting open carry where it is still legal.
    Combat doesn't really have anything to do with whether carry is open or concealed, but you're correct regarding it being open if you are IN combat. But those with concealed carry permits are not required to keep it concealed when you are actually engaged in a deadly situation. I understand that the combat in CombatCarry is confusing to some people, and to correct that we are about to undergo a name change to DefensiveCarry.com. But, we still will not include open carry as part of our focus, just as OpenCarry.org does not include concealed carry in their focus. I would highly recommend OpenCarry.org for those discussions.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I have to say that I never really thought about the politically-incorrect implications of the name "CombatCarry" before you just mentioned it, Bumper. That's probably because like most or all of us here, I don't think of negative implications of carrying a concealed handgun for "defensive combat." But I suppose there may be negative attention coming your way because of the name, and what it might mean to sheeple blissninnies who never think of life as a potential forum for a fight for survival.

I think that a change to "DefensiveCarry.com" is a wise and well-reasoned one. It can only serve to make this forum and our position that much more, well, defensible.

*jawdrop*....

we're gonna change the domain name because some guy doesnt like it or feels it somehow offends an extreme minority of readers sense of semantics?

personally, i dont care what you call it. i still drink Coca-Cola products, but ive been thinking of asking them to change the name, since they no longer use coca.

and i think Hotpoint refrigerators should really reconsider...

oh, and dont get me started on the NRA..... national RIFLE association!? oh, the horror.... please change the name so i can discuss my pistols....

{/sarcasm off}

jk, but it does make my eyes roll...

You know not all combat situations are open affaires,
    Hence camouflage uniforms to hide the soldiers.

Neeting to conceal artillery and tanks.
    Paint schemes on fighter jets and ships.

On the cotrair, I think just about all combat is about
    concealability.

Just my .02 worth.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links