'Lite' version of CombatCarry.com - Page 2

'Lite' version of CombatCarry.com

This is a discussion on 'Lite' version of CombatCarry.com within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm trying the Avant browser with pictures turned off and it works great. I'll just use this for my combatcarry.com visits at work. Only downside ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Lite' version of CombatCarry.com

I'm trying the Avant browser with pictures turned off and it works great. I'll just use this for my combatcarry.com visits at work. Only downside is I can't see smilies, the Quote button, etc. But I guess that is what I get for browsing a forum on company time...

Assistant Administrator
    Only downside is I can't see smilies, the Quote button, etc
    If you remember where a button usually is - you should still be able to hover your cursor and have a valid link function.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OfClanMcnab View Post
    I'm trying the Avant browser with pictures turned off and it works great. I'll just use this for my combatcarry.com visits at work. Only downside is I can't see smilies, the Quote button, etc. But I guess that is what I get for browsing a forum on company time...
    Chris is right you can just hover over where the quote button is supposed to be and get it. In fact you can tell even before you see the description because the cursor changes.

On thing to know is that when you post a message your message shows up with the graphics. I don't know why, but it does. If you hit refresh the graphics go away. The graphic don't show on other messages only yours. In going to turn the pictures back on in Avant I noticed that that option is available in the menu under tools, so you don't have to open Avant Browser Options. Just check or uncheck it on the list and refresh
    Last edited by dr_cmg; April 24th, 2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: I keep editing to add more info.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links