Where did you hear about Combat Carry?

This is a discussion on Where did you hear about Combat Carry? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Lots of new people joining the forum has prompted me to ask the question - how did you hear about us? Was it on another ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did you hear about Combat Carry?

Where did you hear about Combat Carry?

Lots of new people joining the forum has prompted me to ask the question - how did you hear about us?
    Was it on another gun forum?
    From a search?
    From a friend already here?

I'm very interested, whatever the answer it would seem we are viewed in a very good light judging by all the interested people signing up.

I heard about CombatCarry over on THR, I wanted a place more specific to CCWs and little did I know that what I would find is also a great group of sensible folk.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Lots of new people joining the forum has prompted me to ask the question - how did you hear about us?
    Was it on another gun forum?
    From a search?
    From a friend already here?

I'm very interested, whatever the answer it would seem we are viewed in a very good light judging by all the interested people signing up.

I heard about CombatCarry over on THR, I wanted a place more specific to CCWs and little did I know that what I would find is also a great group of sensible folk.
    For me it was another forum.

I was googling up research on a firearm I planned to purchase and your site came up with some good informative hits so I joined and now I decided to stay.

I was googling for some info on XD sub compacts and google led me here. I've found so much great information not only on the XD but on concealed carry in general that I decided to stay. Based on the great info here I bought and XD40SC for me. The fiance liked mine so much that I had to buy her an XD9SC

VIP Member
    I don't remember whether I actually came as a result of a Google search or from a USCCA connection. I was a member of USCCA before I got to CC and I did quite a bit of searching for info on concealed carry before I came here. I know for a fact that I actually saw the CC website from both sources. I suspect that I came and read and joined because at that time USCCA had a forum here.

Maybe some people here came because I gave them a business card with the website on it. I hope so. I give them out at every gun show I go to. I don't pass them out indiscriminately, but rather give them to people I get to know and who express and interest.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    I too followed a link from THR in CC's early days ........

Looks like I took root
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Googled Concealed Carry Laws or something
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    For me it was another forum.
    Same here. I got tired of the childish banter on the "other" site, and found this one somehow. After lurking around for a while and realizing that the immature ways had been left behind by finding this place, I felt like I was among friends.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I was looking around for forums related to firearms and concealed carry, and I stumbled across this one. After a week of lurking, I decided to sign up. I find the people on this board to be very friendly, and more than willing to answer almost any question I have.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Google is my friend.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post

i also heard about it there. i wasn't to happy with the feedback i was getting there, and someone suggested i try this place. boy, what a difference. i think every question i've ever had on CCW was answered here, with a great deal of class and intellect. i also love how debates can be had here without degenerating into 6th grade name calling.

I stumbled across it from a post someone made while lurking on one of the 1911 forums.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I don't really remember.

If I had to guess I would say I ran a Google search.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

long ago when there were few members and the site had the black and blue look i came over from The high road

pax
    Blame P95Carry -- I'd seen links to CombatCarry on THR before, but when he started talking about the place I came over to scope it out.

Was completely shocked to discover it was a friendly place without internet chest-beating, because, well, the name doesn't fit the place at all. (Bumper: glad to hear it's changing!)

pax

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but would anyone be happy to bite into a candy bar named "Pile-o-Poop"? -- thought for the day.
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links