We Made It To DefensiveCarry!

This is a discussion on We Made It To DefensiveCarry! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Timmy - payment is based on our server service so that stays same despite new domain. The CC domain is still Bumper's but now is ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We Made It To DefensiveCarry!

Assistant Administrator
    Timmy - payment is based on our server service so that stays same despite new domain. The CC domain is still Bumper's but now is simply a fwd'ing device. The new bookmark should be http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/index.php

FLguy ......... Bumper has explained the rationale a few times - but, he had this domain all along and it was felt that in part we place greater emphasis on Defense ........ Combat is really only what we would experience in the gravest extreme.

The ''image'' is IMO better as this emphasis on Defence is overall more what we are about as carriers of concealed weapons.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks Chris. If I would have read the other posts about why the change I wouldnt have asked the silly question. Thanks for the quick response.

Shaun
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Good Job!!

I was surprised by the name change, but immediately liked it.

Whether or not anyone feels that it is more PC, it certainly reflects the focus of the forum better.

Great effort - Thanks.......

Good job, Bumper. The new moniker fits!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    Bumper

Are you going to keep paying for Combatcarry.com and will it always just point here or do I need to change my favorites??

Nice job and I second more pictures of Betty
    I will continue to keep CombatCarry for as long as it remains linked in Google. The redirect will be there to direct those search results here, as well. This IS our permanent home now, though so, personally, I would delete the old bookmark and re-bookmark this site where you prefer to enter. To some that is the portal page, to others, the main form page....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I remember being uncomfortable with "combat" in the forum's name when I first started visiting, but then found it to be populated by reasonable people who carry for defense. "Combat" implied aggressive use of firearms, not defensive. I like the new name a lot.

Mentioned to ...Shooter...

I have found myself unable to edit some posts right after posting...to fix an error or two...what happened? Some can be edited...some not...
    Am I the only one?
    Additionally, nice job, Bumper, on the 'centered banner'...and thanks for all your efforts!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I really think the new name is more appropriate. Thank you for all your work Bumper!!!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have found myself unable to edit some posts right after posting...to fix an error or two...what happened? Some can be edited...some not...
    Am I the only one?
    This was deliberately changed several months back. I changed it when a member went back into all of his posts and deleted all text because he was leaving the forum. It made a real mess that I had to go back and clean up by deleting his empty posts. If I remember correctly the guy had about 60-70 posts.

You have two hours after originally making a post to edit it, then it locks down, 5 minutes before starting to get the "Edited by" tag. The limit on editing a thread (title and such) is 60 minutes....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thumbs up

The domain name change caught me completely by surprise, but that's my own fault for not ever checking here!

I totally agree with the name change, Combat Carry has always come across to me as just a little too agressive.

Thank you, and well done!!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Wow! I like, I like alot! Have not been on in over a week and looks like my old haunt got a makeover.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Don't want to be critical of hard work, but I yearn for the old top banner, always thought it was very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I yearn for the old top banner, always thought it was very classy.
    The previous one was very well done and, IMO, had a more "defensive" (rather than "combat") quality about it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links