Consolidated Bug Reports Related to Domain Move - Post them here

This is a discussion on Consolidated Bug Reports Related to Domain Move - Post them here within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Warning: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1 Fatal error: (null)() [function.require]: Failed opening ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consolidated Bug Reports Related to Domain Move - Post them here

DC Founder
    Warning: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: (null)() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/public_html/vbulletin/includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1
    I think this particular problem has now been fixed. Anyone getting this error, please let me know here.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

defensivecarry.com (without the www) just gives the webserver's generic "welcome" page.

Is there a new server to go with the new name? The site feels faster today..

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    defensivecarry.com (without the www) just gives the webserver's generic "welcome" page.

Is there a new server to go with the new name? The site feels faster today..
    Yeah, I think if you left the www off the old URL you would get the generic entry page as well. I need to change that page to reflect the DefensiveCarry name rather than CombatCarry. Taking the link at the bottom of that page triggers the redirect to here.

No, we did the server move several months ago. Response times were horrible this morning while the script tried to figure out some of the mistyped URLs I had typed in last night. Now that those are cleared up and the forum, links and portal scripts are all updated to the latest release and a full maintenance on our database has been done, I expect that some of the overhead has been cut resulting in better performance....

Other than the gallery problem, it looks like most, if not all, problems related to the domain move have been resolved. I will keep watching this thread for any bug reports throughout the day (except when I'm napping ) so keep on posting any bugs you may find here in this thread.
    Bumper

Bumper - great job on addressing all the issues. I know IT administration can be a thankless job.

I just want to let you know I, and I am confident that everyone else, is very thankful for all you are doing to keep the forum running.

Regards.

VIP Member
    Only bug I found.

It was in the Humor forum but I used Chris' sandal and it is all good now.

Bumper, Great Job!!!!!!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator
    Holster source link is gone again...It was there earlier.

Why is it that the only time it's not there is when I'm shopping.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Holster source link is gone again...It was there earlier.

Why is it that the only time it's not there is when I'm shopping.

It's there, it was just getting so busy up there in the nav bar that Chris made us a "Help and Information" page with all of those links on it....
    Bumper

JD
    Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    It's there, it was just getting so busy up there in the nav bar that Chris made us a "Help and Information" page with all of those links on it....
    Ahhhhhhh. OK!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Is the forum header supposed to be offset to the right? What resolution is it currently optimized for? Before, it was perfect at 1024x768, and since a lot of folks may not have the latest and greatest high res monitors, or may just have old eyes and like bigger text, I'd suggest we change it back the way it was. Now, at 1024x768, we have a horizontal scroll bar because of the header offset.

DC Founder
    I'm running 1280 x 1024 and it's dead centered and no scroll from side to side. We will probably size the header down a bit to accomodate the lower resolutions although I don't want it to be so small Betty gets lost up there.....
    Bumper

Assistant Administrator
    Odd! I still see offset right and - each end has a blue bar region which in effect makes it way wider still!

Other point . in this thread

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25615

Gopher posted an attachment but thus far it is just a thumb - no link available to go to larger pic. This is assuming he posted something larger of course!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Just checked inn , and frankly i dont see a thing worth whining about . Congrats on a successful move team .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'm running 1280 x 1024 and it's dead centered and no scroll from side to side. We will probably size the header down a bit to accomodate the lower resolutions although I don't want it to be so small Betty gets lost up there.....
    The image is the perfect width for 1024x768, it's the forced offset to show the blue bar that is messing it up.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Other point . in this thread

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25615

Gopher posted an attachment but thus far it is just a thumb - no link available to go to larger pic. This is assuming he posted something larger of course!
    I expect the graphic problem is a configuration problem. I'm going to crawl through every configuration setting tonight to see if I can spot causes of a couple of problems. I'll look for that one now, too. What's really interesting is that when I edit Gopher's post there is no reference to a graphic. Wierd....

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    The image is the perfect width for 1024x768, it's the forced offset to show the blue bar that is messing it up.
    Are you talking about the small blue box graphic on each side of the main header graphic? I see absolutely no offset. Everything is perfectly centered with no horizontal scroll bar...
    Bumper

I expect the graphic problem is a configuration problem. I'm going to crawl through every configuration setting tonight to see if I can spot causes of a couple of problems. I'll look for that one now, too. What's really interesting is that when I edit Gopher's post there is no reference to a graphic. Wierd....

Are you talking about the small blue box graphic on each side of the main header graphic? I see absolutely no offset. Everything is perfectly centered with no horizontal scroll bar...
    That's it! leftside.gif and rightside.gif.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links