Consolidated Bug Reports Related to Domain Move - Post them here

This is a discussion on Consolidated Bug Reports Related to Domain Move - Post them here within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Mine is acting strange, it has all sorts of little squares with red x's in them, that don't do anything and when I submit reply ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consolidated Bug Reports Related to Domain Move - Post them here

Mine is acting strange, it has all sorts of little squares with red x's in them, that don't do anything and when I submit reply a post, I get a strange error message but the post is successful. Is this due to the change?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

2. Remove Ads

Error diagnostic for you

I just want to post an error diagnostic I received. Hope this helps you.

I was replying to a thread that rock started about LCD monitors.

The quick reply took me to full reply. I tried to submit, and was notified that I have to wait for 20 seconds to elapse. I waited more than 20 seconds and tried to submit again.

URL: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...treply&t=25570

Then I got this error:

Warning: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: (null)() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/public_html/vbulletin/includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

Administrator
    Ditto just got the same one a few minutes ago when submitting a comment.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

This is a tab bit annoying...
    Attached Images
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

Also, it seems to be trying to double post EVERYTHING! I hit post, and it comes back and says there is a 30 second delay between posts. Also, everything is shifted to the right in the reply section.
    "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded."

Springfield XD9-SC
    1895 Chilean Mauser
    1981 Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS
    1943 Mosin-Nagant M-38
    NRA Life Member(when it gets paid for)
    Moving Eventually ... Montana or Wyoming anyone?

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaetos View Post
    Also, it seems to be trying to double post EVERYTHING! I hit post, and it comes back and says there is a 30 second delay between posts. Also, everything is shifted to the right in the reply section.
    Ditto

Also get this occasionally when replying to posts. Just got it when replying to this one.

Warning: Unknown(./includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: (null)() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/public_html/vbulletin/includes/functions_newpost.php(524) : eval()'d code on line 1
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Guys this has all been posted atleast 2 other times so far........ I am sure it will be corrected as soon as our fearless operator gets some rest.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Same thing here:

I get this message when I try to post a reply and I have to hit back to get off that page, but my reply did post.

Just one of the bugs that need to be ironed out I guess....over all, I like the move.

Also, instead of the little check marks that used to be displayed next to subscribed threads, I now have text that says I am subscribed to the thread. I liked the check mark better, the text makes it look a bit messy....the check mark seemed more neat and tidy graphics wise.

Just my two cents.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

me
    Yeah same as Mike's here
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

DC Founder
    Okay, I am back up and working on problems again. Hopefully by end of day most, if not all, will be resolved. These are usually very small problems that have an ugly effect on the forum. We'll get through them.

All of the "little red x's" are caused by one graphics path problem. I'll find it in a bit.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    Also, instead of the little check marks that used to be displayed next to subscribed threads, I now have text that says I am subscribed to the thread. I liked the check mark better, the text makes it look a bit messy....the check mark seemed more neat and tidy graphics wise.
    This is a bug. The forum itself, except the header, should be exactly like it was before. If it's different, it's a bug and will be resolved...
    Bumper

VIP Member
    I am getting the same error. But, the forum works, so it is just a small problem, nothing major.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

DC Founder
    The "little red x's" problem has been resolved. Thanks for pointiing me up the right trail, ccw9mm.
    Bumper

Assistant Administrator
    Bugs - always bugs!

Good work Bumper - just hope you got enough sleep to keep you going.

BTW - a post submits from Quick Reply (it turns out) but the window does not clear as usual. A thread refresh does show tho that the post has ''taken"
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Bugs - always bugs!

Good work Bumper - just hope you got enough sleep to keep you going.

BTW - a post submits from Quick Reply (it turns out) but the window does not clear as usual. A thread refresh does show tho that the post has ''taken"
    Not much sleep, actually, but will take a nap when things are stable and at least presentable.

The thing that is making it a little more difficult is that vBulletin released yet another upgrade to fix a security vulnerability and some bugs from the last upgrade. So, in the middle of the move I had to do that as well. Two upgrades in a week along with the domain move was a bit much. Lots of nagging little things going on, but most of them are typos and very small configuration problems. It just takes time.....
    Bumper

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links