Forum language sliding again - Page 2

Forum language sliding again

This is a discussion on Forum language sliding again within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Plus, if you can't control your language, or gauge appropriateness then what are you doing discussing CCW? We may be called to gauge the appropriateness ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum language sliding again

Plus, if you can't control your language, or gauge appropriateness then what are you doing discussing CCW?

We may be called to gauge the appropriateness of lethal force one day, in an instant, with no edit function.
    We may have to have full control over our actions, words and deeds in a scenario that will result in a court case where calling someone all the names under the sun and then shooting them will not bode well.

Restraint and self-discipline, it's what separates us from the beasts.

Note to self...

No more strange character words...

Thanks, a reminder is never a bad thing...it's why I like this forum!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    O.K. Now let me be the the feces in the punch bowl. Cursing has its place. General Patton was quoted as saying if he wanted something to stick in the mind of his troops, he used bad language. After 21 years in the Marine Corps, when it comes at you hard, I learned that it sticks. With that said, this forum is no place for cussing. Not only can anyone access it, young and old (even though I was told that only "members" can access this forum after too much of a personal matter was being posted, so it was OK, we need to be mindful of others that shouldn't be exposed to foul language) this forum is for the rational and thoughtful exchange of ideas and thoughts.

Additionally, after some thought, buckeye07 has it right. I too cringe when seeing cussing in a post, yet I am guilty as the next guy for using strange characters in my posts.

This is a good reminder for me to watch myself. Thank you.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Cursing has its place.
    Yep, and this aint it.

I'll be mindful too and keep it clean.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

DC Founder
    I have been guilty of it myself. I guess I'm with Chorizo, sometimes I use it to make a point, but here where your words are somewhat permanent for all to see, I'd rather not....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Agreed.

I may have been guilty of this myself. I will endeavor to do a better job of monitoring my language.

I challenge everyone to do the same.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Well, I gotta say...NOBODY has a bigger potty mouth than I do. But since I've received an "Infraction" for my sewer mouth by one of our moderators, I have since "tried" to clean it up...sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't. It's kinda like Chorizo said - cursing has it's place, and Al Capone said "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word!"

But all in all...yeah...it really is unneccessary.

Please forgive me and my filthy mouth everybody!

In Steve Martin's 1987 movie "Roxanne," he plays a small town fire chief with a large nose that gets made fun of. There is a memorable scene where he verbally jousts with a bafoon in a bar. He makes it clear that common vulgar words can only express a limited range of description as he demonstrates a huge vocabulary to describe his prominent proboscis. Same for the forum; there are always better words than the *%#@ ones.

OK I'll behave.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Sometimes my brain/mouth connection is slow, so my mouth just goes without the brains approval. As I get older, this issue seems to be working itself out. Unfortunatly I think this disorder has spread to my fingers as I get better at typing.
    Its not my fault.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I wish the motorcycle forums I use were as polite in their language and encouragement of keeping to the rules...
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Moderator
    When I get passionate I curse like a Marine (or worse, depending on my level of passion).

I'm with Sixto.. sometimes my brain disconnects from my fingers. I'm usually very good at controlling it.. Sometimes I slip, however.

Apologies..

I shall strive to clean up my typing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links