How do I use more than one quote in a post?

How do I use more than one quote in a post?

This is a discussion on How do I use more than one quote in a post? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I am curious how to use more than one quote in a post? For example I would like to quote from two different people's post ...

Thread: How do I use more than one quote in a post?

Question How do I use more than one quote in a post?

I am curious how to use more than one quote in a post?

For example I would like to quote from two different people's post in the same thread in my response/post.

Or I would like to quote someones post from a different thread or from a different catagory in my post.

Any help regarding this? I did not find any specifics in the FAQ link.

Thanks for any help!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Here's what I do:

1. Open up a simple text editor, so that I can collect the various quotes I want to use in my message.
    2. Press <quote> on the first message I want to quote.
    3. Edit out the junk and paste the portion I want (along with the quote/name) into my text editor.
    4. Press <back> to exit <quote> mode.
    5. Press <quote> on the next message I want to quote.
    6. Edit out the junk in that message, then paste the portion I want into my text editor.
    7. etc, etc, etc.
    8. Once ready, paste the full text I want to use into my own new message (not a <quote>). That text will itself have several quotes, each with the appropriate bracket-quote-bracket pair around the text I'm quoting.

So far as I know, though, you can't simultaneously identify two or more messages to magically pop into your reply. It's got to be done manually.

Often, when I don't care about putting the name there, I simply copy/paste the text and then surround it with bracket-quote-bracket pairs. You know, [turn-on-quote] + the quoted text + [turn-off-quote].

Works fairly well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks for the help... I will try and give that a try and play around with what you have said.

Appreciate the help!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I am curious how to use more than one quote in a post?

For example I would like to quote from two different people's post in the same thread in my response/post.

Or I would like to quote someones post from a different thread or from a different catagory in my post.

Any help regarding this? I did not find any specifics in the FAQ link.

Thanks for any help!
    Yes you can do this for different posts within the same thread (might be restricted to page, I'm not sure). I did it here

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    So far as I know, though, you can't simultaneously identify two or more messages to magically pop into your reply. It's got to be done manually.
    Yes you can and it is very simple.

There is a " icon in the lower right of each post. Click on each of these you wish to quote. Then click on "Reply" and all that you selected will show up in your Reply window.
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by LenS View Post
    There is a " icon in the lower right of each post. Click on each of these you wish to quote. Then click on "Reply" and all that you selected will show up in your Reply window.
    Well, that's simple. Duh. That's what that icon does. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Thanks.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links