Last Visited Date, and Time

This is a discussion on Last Visited Date, and Time within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; For some time now if I come back to the forum before about 1.5 hours has lapsed, since my last visit. The date, and time ...

Thread: Last Visited Date, and Time

For some time now if I come back to the forum before about 1.5 hours has lapsed, since my last visit. The date, and time shows the previous time. That just screws up the new posts. At some point in the past I could come back with in a few min, and it would show the correct time.

I have tired clearing my cookies, cache, and tried a different browser.

Any ideas?
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

DC Founder
    The timestamp on a post is the the server time that a post is actually submitted and is in no way affected by the "You last visited" date and time. If the last visited time is wrong, try logging out when you leave the forum and the cookie will be deleted.

If the time in posts are not displayed correctly, to you, you can adjust the time zone in the User Control Panel to reflect your time zone. When that is correctly set all timestamps appear in your timezone.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I was not clear on the initial post, my fault. The problem center around the last visited stamp. If I stop by at say 0900, and then come back at 0930 the last visited states 0900. And I return at 1000 it still states 0900 But if I return at 1200 it will show my 1000 visit.

This is a problem for me because I use the new post link, and it will show all the post I have seen. Not just the new ones.
    Aaron

DC Founder
    I'm not sure what to do about that, Aaron. It is probably caused by the cookie expiration time of two hours, which was raised from one hour in response to requests that I was expiring it too early, given the number of posts we currently receive in a day. Getting settings like this balanced to be satisfactory to all of our members is hard to achieve, often impossible. I'll see if I can find a solution, but it's likely a quest to find the perfect setting is not going to be successful...
    Bumper

VIP Member
    I noticed it as well. If you use the new posts link they should be in order from newest. I just stop reading where I know I left off last time. Wish there was a better technical answer, but that's all I do. I suppose you could put DC.com in the list to not accept cookies from, however then you will have to login each time IIRC.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Don't kill your self finding the solution. I am sure you have better things to do.

I will just keep a better eye on the time as Scott dose.
    Aaron

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I suppose you could put DC.com in the list to not accept cookies from, however then you will have to login each time IIRC.
    I think if you don't allow cookies, it will not carry your login from page to page. At least we have, in the past, had several new members that have had that problem until they enabled cookies. vBulletin forums rely heavily on cookies....
    Bumper

Sponsored Links