Forum for each state?

Forum for each state?

This is a discussion on Forum for each state? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I was a member of another forum that was set up similar to this one, but a different topic, anyways they had set up a ...

Forum for each state?

I was a member of another forum that was set up similar to this one, but a different topic, anyways they had set up a forum for each state so people local to each other could talk and meet up. Anyone else think this would be a good idea? I think it would be nice for us newbies to find some local guys to shoot with or ask questions, it would make it quite a bit easier to do so. Just a suggestion.

Scott

We had something like that it never got used .. but there is something coming like that again watch for a post in next few days

DC Founder
    I just announced, today, in this thread regarding a strategic type partnership with The Rally Point to do exactly that. Bud is correct, though, we had an area like that for over a year and it just wasn't used. The Rally Point's niche is doing what you are looking for....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Scott,

Many gunboards try and create member groups, but so many of them fail at it because you really need a lot of input from members to stay up to date on Gun Shows, Gun Clubs and State issues. We already have a search link up for finding gun clubs, and Earl Kurburski -the owner of www.gunshows-usa.com has formed an allliance with us, so we can stay on top of when and where Gun Shows are being held.

I realize members might not like the idea of having to sign up on another gunboard, but you won't loose your identity as a DC.com member at TRP.org. You can start your own member group if you want to. http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/i...p?topic=1352.0

I've found a flaw in the State forum issue because many members live very close to other border States and they will miss out on things that may be 30 minutes from them. For instance, I organize shoots in Southeast PA and we have guys that come from Norther Delaware all the time, Since we all live so close to each other, I have a member group that lists them under it. If we just had a Pennyslvania forum, the guys in North Delaware might not know what the PA guys are doing. Guys in Western Pennsylvania might want to create a member group that includes guys from Ohio ect.

TheRallyPoint.org is very new and we hope that members from DC.com help us build it.

Jamie
    Last edited by Jamie Young; May 29th, 2007 at 10:57 PM.

Florida has one www.floridashootersnetwork.com .
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

That's a good board. I've worked with MoeMensale on another board. He's a really nice guy.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I started a roll call thread for Virginians at The Rally Point. Here is a link if any of you Virginians wanna check in:

http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/i...p?topic=1398.0
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    We have one for those in the Northeast US at www.northeastshooters.com
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Kansas has a really good forum at http://ksccw.com
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

I use opencarry.org's forums, and they're very good to CC'ers as well. They have extensive state-by-state boards.

If you guys notice, over at TRP.org we are looking for links to all of the State boards. Please check out the State Resource and links threads in each one of TheRallyPoint regional forums and tell us if you know of a State website.

Links