Having page display issues.......

This is a discussion on Having page display issues....... within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm using Internet Explorer 7 and when the DC page comes up, on the second line up top, where it has links to forum donations, ...

Thread: Having page display issues.......

I'm using Internet Explorer 7 and when the DC page comes up, on the second line up top, where it has links to forum donations, photo gallery etc.....Next to these, is an "x" with a box around it, like a pic should be there but isn't loading in my browser. What in the world, do I do to remedy this, I had this same problem on other sites quite a while ago, I don't know what I did to fix it, help please, before I introduce Mr Laptop to Mr .45
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

I get the same thing sometimes running Vista, like now.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Administrator

All Of My Xs Come From Texas.

Yep, I'm getting them also. Bumper is changing things around on the forum. It's a temporary thing. He is already aware of the issue.
    It's not your computer.

I wish I had a few Ex's from Texas, but none of those girls would agree to go out with me to begin with...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE1970 View Post
    I'm using Internet Explorer 7 and when the DC page comes up, on the second line up top, where it has links to forum donations, photo gallery etc.....Next to these, is an "x" with a box around it, like a pic should be there but isn't loading in my browser. What in the world, do I do to remedy this, I had this same problem on other sites quite a while ago, I don't know what I did to fix it, help please, before I introduce Mr Laptop to Mr .45

I have the same thing. Just recently started.

Clearing your cookies and saved temp files will usually fix a problem like this. In internet explorer goto Tools (its on the top right) then click on internet options. Under the general tab you will see "Browsing History" and a delete button in that section. Push delete. This will delete your cookies, temp internet files, saved passwords, browsing history, etc. Beware that when you do this any web page that you have saved to auto log in when you visit will be erased and you will have to log in manually like you did the first time.

Doing this will fix most common internet issues. You can do this same thing in Firefox by going to Tools > Clear Privacy Data.

Hope this helps.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

DC Founder
    Actually, all my ex's come from Texas, as well which is fine because I am now in Arizona

Seriously, though, is it fixed now?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Actually, all my ex's come from Texas, as well which is fine because I am now in Arizona
    All my ex's come from Arizona, and I'm in Texas now....I'm serious lol

I'm sure clearing cookies and all that will fix the problem though.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

EW3

Firefox

Get Firefox. It's much much better IMO than that horrendous IE7. I've using it for 3+ years now and only resort to IE when I have to, like at work. Firefox has featured tabbed browsing since day one, a feature MS only recently "borrowed" and still does it better than IE7.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    All my ex's come from Arizona, and I'm in Texas now....I'm serious lol

I'm sure clearing cookies and all that will fix the problem though.
    That's pretty funny. I picked up my second (current) wife in Colorado so I'm safe. I just hope you didn't pick my ex up as a second wife. If you did, run for your life....

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Get Firefox. It's much much better IMO than that horrendous IE7. I've using it for 3+ years now and only resort to IE when I have to, like at work. Firefox has featured tabbed browsing since day one, a feature MS only recently "borrowed" and still does it better than IE7.
    I agree, although I was a holdout for the longest time. When they came out with IE7, I just said NO. I absolutely love Firefox now. But, it was a default misconfiguration on my part when I upgraded the script that caused it, not IE7. Firefox, did however resolve the problem where I couldn't see it. That's a good thing from a user perspective, but maybe not so good for an administrator.

But, it should be fixed now. If not, let me know....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Bumper everything looks fine now, whatever you did fixed the problem. I need to look into Firefox, the only other browser I have is Netscape, which I never have problems with, IE is the only one with problems, go figure.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE1970 View Post
    Bumper everything looks fine now, whatever you did fixed the problem. I need to look into Firefox, the only other browser I have is Netscape, which I never have problems with, IE is the only one with problems, go figure.
    Firefox and Netscape use the same engine created by Mozilla. There are some differences between Firefox and Netscape, but they are in look and feel not in the way they work.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links