Member rating suggestion - Page 3

Member rating suggestion

This is a discussion on Member rating suggestion within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; As a zero I would expect to stay a zero, if I got points for good post I would have to stop posting. I would ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Member rating suggestion

As a zero I would expect to stay a zero, if I got points for good post I would have to stop posting.

I would rather see all people participating then have people graded. A dumb statement or question is better then none at all. We can't learn if we don't ask, and if we are always put down, some won't ask.

I may know a lot about a lot of things, but there are a lot more things I don't know about. Some people have trouble using the web and search facilities, I would rather they ask and get good answers then be shot down.

Administrator
    But you wouldnt be "graded" on questions, just answers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Please send my regards to your daughter. I think that needs to be your avatar.
    Done and Done. great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    You got a Cupcake hug. What more ya want, eh?
    Am I sensing that they may become a commodity? Cupcake hugs=$1. PM me for a mailing address. Delivery takes 4-6 weeks, after a 2 weeks waiting period for checks to clear. Don't email me or call for an update on your order, that'll cost you an extra week. I reserve the right to not ship anything for up to 15 months in case the quality of my materials is not what I hope for, or if I stub my pinkie-toe. Don't like it? Get over it, because noone else makes a Cupcake hug like I do.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

DC Founder
    I didnt mean it as a ego thing, I just see some bad information passed on as truth as well as a whole bunch of good info too. New members and shooters might not be able to make heads or tails of it all. I saw it as a credibility thing more than anything else. I do see how it would turn into a ego thing though, and like I said before, I just didnt think of that.
    I wasn't pointing my "ego comment" towards you, Sixto, only to what I have seen on other forums. I am members of only a couple of other gun forums; I just seem to not want anything I see elsewhere to influence what we do here. But I do visit a lot of other unrelated forums to see what works and doesn't work, especially other forum administrator/webmaster forums. It seems the ones that use the "ratings" are those in the gaming, MySpace, etc forums.

True. I'll just shut up now and go away again.
    LOL, don't go "eating worms" now, your suggestion was good for discussion and I am always open to hearing suggestions even if decide against many of them.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    I know the ego thing wasnt directed towards me... and I dont care if it was 'cause I got a cupcake hug! I dont believe anyone else has one of those!
    "Just blame Sixto"

DC Founder
    ... and I dont care if it was 'cause I got a cupcake hug! I dont believe anyone else has one of those!
    You guys are starting to scare me....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Here is a thought I had to maybe make DC an even better place; why not make a member rating system kind of like eBay has? I think it will weed out some of the garbage posts and help keep threads on topic.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about;

I make a thread asking this; “I’m a new shooter and I want to buy a Glock. I'm confused by all the model numbers and I want a compact 9mm. What models should I be looking at?"

Poster A says, "the 9mm compacts are the 19 (midsize) and the 26 (subcompact). Here is a link to Glock's website for the particulars." www.glock.com.

Poster B says, "An XDc is what you really want. I like mine."

Poster C says, "You really don’t want a 9mm, you need a 10mm at least for self defense."

So, poster A was the only one that made a decent post, and it helped me out. So I click on Poster A and give him a point.
    Posters B and C made worthless posts, so I ignore them, no points.

Now as time goes on, poster A makes more good posts helping members out. B and C continue on with silly posts.

Next question I ask is a more serious one... I see that A has an excellent member rating, so I know that I can trust his/her opinion on the matter, and B and C... maybe it’s not such a good idea.

I dont even know if this is possible, and I know Bumper has a lot on his plate as it is, but hey, it just might work.
    what if the OP likes the suggestions of posters b&c?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Administrator
    If B&C were a help, then great. Give 'em a point.
    "Just blame Sixto"

oh boy, i can see you're really sticking with this idea.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    oh boy, i can see you're really sticking with this idea.
    Yup. Why wouldnt I?
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    Yup. Why wouldnt I?
    That's 2 points for Sixto for dedication.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    That's 2 points for Sixto for dedication.
    See! It pays off! BTW, since I get to make up the rules, dedication is 6 points.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i was just looking around on a forum that has that system and everyone had zeros beside their names.i don't think the rating deal got used much.

― Thomas Paine

JD
    Administrator
    See! It pays off! BTW, since I get to make up the rules, dedication is 6 points.
    Groovy, how many points does TackDriver get?

Administrator
    I'm not sure where we should even begin with him. Lets wait and see if he is able to help anyone else out first.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links