Womens Firearms "Issues"

This is a discussion on Womens Firearms "Issues" within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm trying to get my Fiance to join. I think adding a Women's section would be nice and might entice more women. It wouldn't be ...

Thread: Womens Firearms "Issues"

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Womens Firearms "Issues"

I'm trying to get my Fiance to join. I think adding a Women's section would be nice and might entice more women. It wouldn't be as big as other but would be a nice change from other forums.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This has been suggested a number of times. The decision has alway been not to start a woman's forum because we don't want to become a his and hers place. Many of the questions and concerns that women have are the same as the ones men have why shouldn't they be discussed in one forum. Also although there are questions and concerns that are related to women only many of the answers to those questions can be answered by men. This is the rationale that has been applied to this suggestion each time it has been brought up and each time Bumper has determined to keep the forums as they are.

The ladies who frequent Defensive Carry have overwhelmingly supported Bumper's position on this as well.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    This has been suggested a number of times. The decision has alway been not to start a woman's forum because we don't want to become a his and hers place. Many of the questions and concerns that women have are the same as the ones men have why shouldn't they be discussed in one forum. Also although there are questions and concerns that are related to women only many of the answers to those questions can be answered by men. This is the rationale that has been applied to this suggestion each time it has been brought up and each time Bumper has determined to keep the forums as they are.

The ladies who frequent Defensive Carry have overwhelmingly supported Bumper's position on this as well.
    Thanx just wondering?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

DC Founder
    Adding to what George has posted, we used to have a women's area. Betty recommended that I remove it since it seemed to get little or no posts, it made the women feel confined within their own forum and the men posted there anyway when someone would start a thread in it. We purposely try to keep women involved in all areas of the forum rather than feel like they need to stay confined to one area. I believe at one time Pax weighed in on this being a good approach as well. It comes up once a year or so, but always by men....

Encourage her to join us. I think she may feel better fully involved. She is still more than welcome to post regarding women specific issues. A lot of our members' spouses, girlfriends, etc carry as well and may have answers to her questions....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator

Angry A Real Turn Of The Tables

I noticed that the various shows on Gun TV - and I won't give any specific show names have really started to drive hard to get females involved in the shooting sports and self-defensive shooting.

That's a good thing.

The sad thing about it were all of the various comments that were made by the hosts that were derogatory and demeaning toward MEN.
    Holy crap did they do a fantastic job of stereotyping us males as a bunch of clods.
    I stopped counting all of the anti-guy comments.

I'm glad that we always treated our female members equally here on DefensiveCarry.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

as a woman, i totally agree that there should not be one
    if your fiance has any questions about women carrying, then ask. we will be happy to help. feel free to pm be as well

Links