So, no movement toward a category of "The Tragic Cost of Victim Disarmament"?

This is a discussion on So, no movement toward a category of "The Tragic Cost of Victim Disarmament"? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I note with sorrow that it has happened again ... Herds of helpless victims, frantic, not knowing what to do, running scared like sheep, taken ...

Thread: So, no movement toward a category of "The Tragic Cost of Victim Disarmament"?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

I note with sorrow that it has happened again...
    Herds of helpless victims, frantic, not knowing what to do, running scared like sheep, taken down by a psychotic predator at his whim. This time it was in Omaha, Nebraska.

The tally of death keeps rising as NO ONE SEEMS TO GET IT. PEOPLE ARE NOT SAFER WHEN THEY ARE DISARMED, THEY ARE SAFER WHEN THEY ARE ARMED.

Police arrived after SIX MINUTES, and already the carnage-making was over and 8 lay dead, plus the coward who had slaughtered the innocent (by his own hand). Every available police officer, we are told, was sent to the scene, but in time to save NO ONE. Tomorrow, will the pundits be talking about how it is time to vociferously advocate that would-be victims arm themselves, because every place we thought was "safe" turns out to be a place where this very kind of thing can happen? Of course not. Ted Nugent will appear on CNN and MSNBC and talk perfect sense, and Sarah Brady will spew her idiotic nonsense.

So I ask again, shouldn't we have a category on this forum that is the flip-side of "Armed Citizen Success Stories"? It is not appropriate to post this story there... but where is it appropriate? This doesn't belong in "Concealed Carry Issues and Discussion," nor does it belong in "CCW Tactical Scenarios" because it is not hypothetical.

I really feel (strongly) that a counterpoint forum is needed. This is "Defensive Carry . com" We are all about the GOOD that can be accomplished when good people are armed. Directly related to that is the issue of what evil can be accomplished by evil people when good people are unarmed.

I hope that admin will consider a new forum category. Thank you.

DC Founder
    With only 571 posts since 2004 in the "Armed Citizen Success Stories" forum (a similar news topic), I cannot see the "new" topic warranting a forum of it's own. Even though it may not seem logical, you should add these topics to the "Armed Citizen Success Stories" forum. I will make a change to the name of that forum to include these kinds of threads later tonight. There are some new features coming out in the next version of vBulletin (which will be out in a few weeks) that will lend some separation to the two opposite, but related, threads existing in the same forum.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Even though it may not seem logical, you should add these topics to the "Armed Citizen Success Stories" forum. I will make a change to the name of that forum to include these kinds of threads later tonight.
    Well, the whole reason I was asking for a new forum was because I had posted something like this there once and was censured for it and the thread was removed.

If it's ok, as you're saying, to post the bad news in there with the successes, I'll do so. Thank you!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Well, the whole reason I was asking for a new forum was because I had posted something like this there once and was censured for it and the thread was removed.

If it's ok, as you're saying, to post the bad news in there with the successes, I'll do so. Thank you!
    First off, your thread was probably moved to the "off topic" area since that was what we normally did with them. If it was deleted it was because someone had already posted it.

Second, I was trying to come up with a different way to do this to solve this "problem" so the forum doesn't start to get disorganized. You asked for a solution. I gave you one. I can't satisfy everyone....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    I guess Bumper did come with a solution... elegant to boot!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Sponsored Links