How to view past posts

How to view past posts

This is a discussion on How to view past posts within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Relatively new here and still getting used to site options. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to view any or all of ...

How to view past posts

Relatively new here and still getting used to site options. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to view any or all of my past posts in threads like 'my posts' or anything? I am on some forums where those are archived and at the disposal of members under their account. Thanks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Relatively new here and still getting used to site options. Could anyone tell me if there is a way to view any or all of my past posts in threads like 'my posts' or anything? I am on some forums where those are archived and at the disposal of members under their account. Thanks.
    Click on your user name and choose view public profile. A little ways down on the profile you will see a section called "Forum Info". With in this section is Posts which has a line "Find all posts" and another "Find all threads". Be advised that it may not really find "ALL" posts or threads depending on how many of each there are. The limit is the latest 250. Beyond that you can use the Advanced Search function that you access from Search up in the blue bar. That again only goes back so far. I don't really know how long. You can then click Archives at the bottom of the page. These entries require the more tedious method of just looking.

Hope this helps.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Hope this helps.
    Indeed it does. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! Have I said anything lately about this site or it's members? Awesome! I couldn't be more satisfied.

DC Founder
    George pretty much covered how to find you own posts, but for the record, we don't archive anything out of the forums, instead making even the first post available if you know what you're looking for. The archive is a quick way to go through posts, but is mostly available for the search engines who prefer to search the archive rather than the way members do. A quick look through the "New Members" forum will show you the first post made by our first member, CHPBill, made on July 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM wile I was still testing the XMB forum software. The only threads/posts that I know of that we don't have are those that we lost during the move....

I'd have to look again for a refresher, but I'm pretty sure there are some settings for individual members in the User Control Panel that may make it easier to go through earlier threads.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    George pretty much covered how to find you own posts, but for the record, we don't archive anything out of the forums, instead making even the first post available if you know what you're looking for.
    Bumper, thanks for filling me in on that. I realized as I was reading your post that I am thinking about the Moderator's area. Now just one question. Do you really mean that if I looked hard enough I could find P95Carry's (Chris) first post out of now almost 24,000? That would mean that all 24,000 of his post are viewable without getting into the archives. WOW! That is wild.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Thanks BUMPER! Hey! Can I call you 'Top Gun'? LOL! One of the forums I post in regularly has a link to all of my posts ever on the site. I'm not looking for all that much without doing a search. Just possibly the last 20 or so posts listed on one page with the links. Excellent site, excellent members, excellent support. What more could anyone ask for?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    What more could anyone ask for?
    A raise?

I'd better watch it or I'll be Mr. Pink again

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Do you really mean that if I looked hard enough I could find P95Carry's (Chris) first post out of now almost 24,000?
    Well, doing a search for "P95Carry" + "socks", I was able to find a post of his from April, 2005: FL Non-Res Came Thru.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well, doing a search for "P95Carry" + "socks", I was able to find a post of his from April, 2005

I hope we never have to archive. I expect that most large forums archive because of the length of times it takes to rebuild the search indexes. At under half million posts, we were taking about 3-4 hours. I expect that we would take possibly 5 hours now. At some point we may be forced to archive, although I have heard of forums creating another domain and database and moving all of their old stuff over to it. Right now I prefer to have it all out there for reference and I will just close the forum late at night when I have to rebuild the search indexes.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links