New hat

This is a discussion on New hat within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I want a new hat and was shopping in your store looking for one. look at the description of item number 139969558 http://www.cafepress.com/defensivecarry.139969558 Product Information ...

Thread: New hat

New hat

I want a new hat and was shopping in your store looking for one.
    look at the description of item number 139969558

http://www.cafepress.com/defensivecarry.139969558

Product Information

Top it off in our structured black cap made of sturdy, durable brushed canvas. 100% cotton breathes for year-round comfort. Adjustable closure with a low profile crown. Images are permanently adhered with a sturdy patch. Look cool on bad hair days or when shading your eyes from the sun. One size fits most.

* Adjusts from 20" to 24"
    * Crown measures 3 ¼"
    * Structured 100% brushed cotton canvas
    * Permanently adhered polyester patch

20" to 24 inch? I have a big head but not that big
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    20 to 24 inches is the circumference of the cap's headband. To realize how big a circumference your head might have take your hat size and multiply by pi (3.14159) and see what you get. I wear a 7 1/4 hat. The diameter of the circle that is my head is 7.25". Circumference is found by the formula pi X d. So pi - 3.14159 X diameter - 7.25" = circumference - 22.777". I don't have a big head either.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Since those hats are adjustable you don't need to measure your head to buy one of those.

Here is a link to the conversion chart to convert a head measurment to your hat size.
    With exact instructions for measuring around your head.
    Click this link ---> http://www.baronhats.com/headsize.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    20 to 24 inches is the circumference of the cap's headband. To realize how big a circumference your head might have take your hat size and multiply by pi (3.14159) and see what you get. I wear a 7 1/4 hat. The diameter of the circle that is my head is 7.25". Circumference is found by the formula pi X d. So pi - 3.14159 X diameter - 7.25" = circumference - 22.777". I don't have a big head either.
    I thought it might have something to do with being smarter than I am. Now I need a calculator to buy hats.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

DC Founder
    Unless you have an extremely small or large head, it should fit you fine....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    According to the chart that QK linked to these hats should fit people who were hat sizes from about 6 3/8 to 7 5/8. Bumper is right you would have to have a very small or very large head not to be able to adjust the cap to fit.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Yet another benefit of DC.com - Math tips!

Where else can you learn everything you need to know about firearms and their use AND get a refresher in geometry! This is good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by K4Kimber View Post
    Where else can you learn everything you need to know about firearms and their use AND get a refresher in geometry! This is good stuff!
    haha. great. i might be able to use this info on my castings final tmrw

Administrator
    dr_cmg is living proof that it is not the physical size of the head that is important...it's what's in it and how you use it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links