Is it just me???

Is it just me???

This is a discussion on Is it just me??? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Lately, I've been having trouble clicking on most links here. It stalls, with my little arrow going around and around, like the page is loading, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me???

Is it just me???

Lately, I've been having trouble clicking on most links here. It stalls, with my little arrow going around and around, like the page is loading, but it never does. If I hit the cancel icon and try again, it usually works, but sometimes takes two or three times. I have no problem with other forums. Just did it again when I tried to send this message!
    Tracy

Administrator
    Yeah, it happens to me when Im on during the busy times. Thats why I try and make my posts at night.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lead Moderator
    Running Internet Explorer?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I dont know what AZ is running, but I am running IE
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lead Moderator
    I have had fewer issues with firefox.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Moderator
    I hear about FireFox alot. What the heck is it, and why is it better than IE ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'm running Firefox, and I love it! Problem's still happening tonight when I logged in. Maybe too many users for the capacity of the website?

Used to have problems on my PC...sometimes I would search something out and hit return...at times I had enough time to go make coffee before the info arrived...

Since I bought my new iMac with 4 gigs of RAM...the screen is a 'blur' in speed, that is...
    Every time I click on something, it's there before my finger leaves the key...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It is a browser and a very nice one. Less troubles than with IE. It is basically running a Mac without ego
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Foxfire is really good
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

IE is microsoft based. Everyone loves to hack Microsoft stuff because they are at the top. Firefox is a good answer to unwanted pop-ups and faster browsing in a more user friendly environment. What you want to do vs. what they want you to do. Sort of a 'be your own boss' deal searching the internet. Try something new and different. Try Opera while your at it

DC Founder
    I haven't noticed anything on this end and checking the stats, things are good. The only time you could have some latency is between 1:00 and 3am in the morning when I have setup the nightly backups and some other housekeeping processes....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It's a replacement for IE from a company other than Microsoft. It's better in nearly every way that can be imagined.

If you are on a Windows PC and have wondered about IE's place, you owe it to yourself to eval Firefox and consider that the best place for IE might well be the round file.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's a replacement for IE from a company other than Microsoft. It's better in nearly every way that can be imagined.

If you are on a Windows PC and have wondered about IE's place, you owe it to yourself to eval Firefox and consider that the best place for IE might well be the round file.
    Absolutely. I used to be a diehard IE fan until IE7 came out. Microsoft keeps trying to feed it to me in a patch and I keep denying it. FireFox is definitely the best browser I've found and I've tried them all....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I used to be a diehard IE fan until IE7 came out.
    Died too hard once too often, on the earlier platforms. Opted long ago to go another direction and haven't regretted a thing. Was surprised that IE7 was actually developed as a product, given how many Bloatware and Brokeware features were added. Pass.

Looked at Opera for a time. That was nice, but a bit more complex and weighty, by comparison to Firefox. All in all, I prefer light and lean. Have since installed the PortableApps version of Firefox on a jump drive, and I admire it's simplicity and good basic features. Hard to not like an excellent product.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links