Defensive Carry Denial Of Service (DDOS) Attacks - Page 3

Defensive Carry Denial Of Service (DDOS) Attacks

This is a discussion on Defensive Carry Denial Of Service (DDOS) Attacks within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; we got attacked again? ARGHHH!!!...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Carry Denial Of Service (DDOS) Attacks

VIP Member
    we got attacked again? ARGHHH!!!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

yep it was hit again tonight

Stop it! I had to go talk to my wife tonight since I couldn't get on DC.

Just kidding, honey.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

What's to be gained from a DDOS? The satisfaction that you inconvenienced some people for a period of time? If so, it seems pretty juvenile.

My wife and I noticed today's attack at the same time, almost in unison. "Honey, DC is down!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4Kimber View Post
    What's to be gained from a DDOS? The satisfaction that you inconvenienced some people for a period of time? If so, it seems pretty juvenile.
    yep thats pretty much it

DC Founder
    We did, in fact, get hit again and believe it is a former member that we have banned several times....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I'll be willing to bet it was the dudes from "GUN GUYS" that were behind it.... Lets go water balloon their tree house!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

If you don't mind me asking...

Roughly how many IP's is this attack coming from? 10, 100, 1000?

If it's a small-ish number of boxes on high-bandwidth connections, you could contact their ISP's and have the problem mitigated that way.

If you're looking at a significantly higher number of "zombies" on the offending botnet, that approach won't work. The best DDoS protection is at the ISP level - have you talked to DC's webhost about this matter?
    About the only other things you can do are mirror your site on another server with it's own dedicated connection, or wait it out.

Again, if I can be of any help (sorting through the logs, contacting ISPs, etc...) let me know. I'd be glad to contribute to the site in a non-monetary way :)

I was once young and stupid enough to "fight fire with fire" when DDoS'ed. I doubt you'd get away with it now - this is the age of the lawsuit, after all. But uh, if you do happen to locate the IP address(es) of the individual(s) behind this, I have a fair bit of bandwidth to donate :)

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Same thing happened to another of my forums, but it was a "bots" invasion. I'm glad I don't understand this stuff, it makes my head hurt! Glad to see you back up!
    Tracy

Assistant Administrator
    it seems pretty juvenile
    These days also criminal ..... and with enough resources these perpetrators can be found. Guess they think anonymity is still everything!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Zaria View Post
    If you don't mind me asking...

Roughly how many IP's is this attack coming from? 10, 100, 1000?

If it's a small-ish number of boxes on high-bandwidth connections, you could contact their ISP's and have the problem mitigated that way.

If you're looking at a significantly higher number of "zombies" on the offending botnet, that approach won't work. The best DDoS protection is at the ISP level - have you talked to DC's webhost about this matter?
    About the only other things you can do are mirror your site on another server with it's own dedicated connection, or wait it out.

Again, if I can be of any help (sorting through the logs, contacting ISPs, etc...) let me know. I'd be glad to contribute to the site in a non-monetary way :)

I was once young and stupid enough to "fight fire with fire" when DDoS'ed. I doubt you'd get away with it now - this is the age of the lawsuit, after all. But uh, if you do happen to locate the IP address(es) of the individual(s) behind this, I have a fair bit of bandwidth to donate :)

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Not a whole lot I can post "out here" regarding it, but will say that it was identified as coming from a botnet. I have been talking to the host and some others to get it resolved on more of a long term basis. I used to "fight fire with fire", too but prefer to fight in other ways.

Thanks for the offer, by the way, I may at some point shoot you a PM. Up to my ears right now....
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Sorry guys, I deleted a couple of posts. Let's keep this out of the public eye for right now....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Sorry guys, I deleted a couple of posts. Let's keep this out of the public eye for right now....
    I understand the need to keep this out of the open but if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

botnets don't attack by accident, and they aren't cheap. they are usually ran by the electronic equivalent of mercs. and, rarely by individuals with strong motives.

they do everything from gather information quietly for businesses, to full blown assaults to take out competition.

we pissed someone/some group off.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links