BTT?

This is a discussion on BTT? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm relatively new to forums;what does btt mean? Thanks...

Thread: BTT?

BTT?

I'm relatively new to forums;what does btt mean?
    Thanks
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

2. Remove Ads

Back to top. Sometimes folks can't wait for replies. Maybe 'back to topic' also.

VIP Member
    Up on the blue section is a line Forum Help & Extras. It contains a real good section on acronyms. Most of the ones you will see here are listed there.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Back or Bump To Top.
    It is a way of posting something which is really nothing and serves no informational purpose and is only useful to bring the thread back up to the forum front page - so that more folks will hopefully see it...again...and we do discourage folks from bumping threads only for the sake of bumping them up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Back or Bump To Top.
    It is a way of posting something which is really nothing and serves no informational purpose and is only useful to bring the thread back up to the forum front page - so that more folks will hopefully see it...again...and we do discourage folks from bumping threads only for the sake of bumping them up.
    Don't intend to be difficult, but I have no idea what you wrote. Could you please do that explanation again, assuming, as is the case here, that one does not know what "bumping threads" means. I need to know this so that I don't inadvertently violate the policy.

Thanks.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Don't intend to be difficult, but I have no idea what you wrote. Could you please do that explanation again, assuming, as is the case here, that one does not know what "bumping threads" means. I need to know this so that I don't inadvertently violate the policy.

Thanks.

Ron
    Ron, btt is used in a post to push the thread to the top of a forum. Usually this is for no other purpose than to get it seen. "Bumping" threads is frowned upon except in the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forum. Even there we usually delete the "bump" post if someone else posts in the thread. We have very few threads "bumped" in our normal forums and that is probably why many of you who do not frequent other sites are not familiar with the term.

I'm sure the original poster (OP) asked because btt was used in a post by floridaguy911 to bump his thread to the top of the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forum today. As stated above this is the only real legitimate use of bumping on DC.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Up on the blue section is a line Forum Help & Extras. It contains a real good section on acronyms. Most of the ones you will see here are listed there.
    Thanks;
    I'll go to the section you mentioned.This isn't a bump-right?
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Ron, btt is used in a post to push the thread to the top of a forum. Usually this is for no other purpose than to get it seen. "Bumping" threads is frowned upon except in the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forum. Even there we usually delete the "bump" post if someone else posts in the thread. We have very few threads "bumped" in our normal forums and that is probably why many of you who do not frequent other sites are not familiar with the term.

I'm sure the original poster (OP) asked because btt was used in a post by floridaguy911 to bump his thread to the top of the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forum today. As stated above this is the only real legitimate use of bumping on DC.
    Thanks, George. Ok Shooter sent me a PM where he also explained it, and I am happy to say that it is now clear to me. Thanks for taking the time to get me on track with this.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Links