Defensive Carry: Member Viewpoint

This is a discussion on Defensive Carry: Member Viewpoint within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Yup, as George said, just shoot me a PM and I will send you my address if you promise not to put it on any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defensive Carry: Member Viewpoint

DC Founder
    Yup, as George said, just shoot me a PM and I will send you my address if you promise not to put it on any bathroom walls....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

In my opinion--this site is unparalleled on the internet for it's content and coverage.

I've been on forums since 2003, shortly after I discovered there were such things in existence, and my first desktop computer in 2002. I dabbled in the early years with forums concerning reloading, and firearms. Needless to say-not much activity, and not enough to be found in what interested me at the time. Mainly rifle reloading, and information that encompassed that. Relatively speaking--I learned alot on my own with bits and pieces of scattered information and books. In the years following, Midway USA became my best friend with mail order catalogs, my credit card, and a toll free phone call.

Times have changed. The internet is the future with any information available, for anything one could seek. Times have changed for me as well in my priorities, and what pertains to me in everyday life. I currently frequent six forums not including 'myspace groups'. For the most part, I am a member of truck forums and sport truck forums. I've renewed my interest in forums pertaining to firearms now--and in particular--those that cater specifically to CCW permit holders across the USA.

Since I obtained my permit in my state in the year 2000, most support and interaction came from within myself, the range owner, and other shooters met at the range. The amount of information now available to the beginner as well as those who look for new answers, or positive change-exceeds the seemingly limit-less bounds of a mere few years ago. To find a source so intent on delivering the information required by the user has become a simple search. Discerning the best site/forum out of the multitude available would be an individual goal tailored to personal needs. In my opinion, this site has the best of everything to offer in those respects. It's the first firearm type forum I've been a member of since the early days of just hunting around. I was also blessed with the site owners/moderators acceptance as my e-mail addresses apparently raise red flags on other sites because I'm totally web-based e-mail. They took a chance, and I was more than willing for them to pin me down on who I am, and that I actually exist.

I'm a relatively new member here, but I already know the importance of the site to myself and others. I know within myself something such as this should continue as the wealth of information, learning, and opinions for which it was designed, let nothing stand in it's way in growth or propagation. My pledged support is a miniscule amount toward what it's real life worth is in terms of education, resources, and interaction among it's members. I'd like to thank the site promoters, creators, fellow supporters, technical support, vendor supporters, and everyone associated with this site's continued existence on the internet. For me--it's real, and it's necessary to continue for the existing members and for those who have yet to find the invaluable resources within.

I pay several required memberships every year for things I only get a fraction of insight to compared to here. This site has thus elicited my voluntary support as it has become my most valued source of information (due mainly to the members thereof and respect for one another), and a venue for me to extend my opinions where asked and acceptable from personal experiences pertaining to the matters discussed. In short-----Long Live DC!
    Last edited by P95Carry; January 21st, 2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Split into para's!! Your friend :)

I just renewed too. I really miss this site if I have to miss a day. RamRod, you said it all. This is my only forum, ever, and I think I started with the best. I will be in Tucson on vacation the first week of February; I hope the hotel has WiFi!!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Administrator

Thumbs up

Hopefully this means that we'll finally be able to afford real Toilet Paper for the Staff bathroom.
    That "day old" newspaper is awful doggone scratchy.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

excellant post and awsome forum.not sure about support payments.
    can i send a check or money order,and where would i send it etc.
    thanks in advance and thanks forwebsite,keep up the greatwork.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I'm not a paying member YET, but from us noobs "what a great site"
    The chance to share knowledge, learn, and stay informed with like minded people is a real treat. Great site,and job to all.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links