Defensive Carry: Member Viewpoint
The "Management" of Defensive Carry would never write this, being the shy retiring folks they are, and will never ask for anything other than following forum rules, but as a member I wanted to let folks know a little bit of DC history.....
About 18 months ago Defensive Carry began meteoric growth in membership. As a result, resources were strained to the breaking point. The Administrators, Moderators, and other site gurus struggled heroically to keep the site functioning smoothly and consistently. The resources DC provided both new and old members had begun to tax the system beyond it's capabilities.
Due to the growth, significant costs were being incurred, and members clamored to help underwrite the site with contributions. Bumper was extremely reluctant to accept contributions for numerous reasons, but in the end, the rabble won the argument, and DC began accepting forum contributions.
Fast forward a year......it went fast.......too fast. Membership and content continues to grow astronomically. The site is more robust and has wider user input from an exceptionally interesting and vocal membership. The site has become one of my favorites, a "must have". The Administrators, Moderators, and Members are the engine driving the progress and growth!
So why, pray tell, do I write this post? For several reasons:
- Express my gratitude for the resource it provides;
- Thank Bumper for the vision to make DC happen;
- Thank all of the Administrators, Moderators and others that add to the site;
- Thank the members for robust input;
- Thank Bumper for the best "smilies" on the web;
- Remind us all that financial resources are needed, whether or not Bumper will ever ask for any help;
- And....Remind everyone that on the "One Year Anniversary" of this site accepting contributions, support continues to be needed!
So, please renew your support when it comes up!
Bumper will probably delete this thread, or maybe send me a nastygram, 'cause he doesn't like attention, but site contributions do make the jobs for all of the site folks easier!