Search function not working??

This is a discussion on Search function not working?? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; It appears that the search function is not working. No matter what words I type in to search on, I get the following response: 1. ...

Thread: Search function not working??

Search function not working??

It appears that the search function is not working. No matter what words I type in to search on, I get the following response:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : spoiled

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : tennessee, ammunition

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : antarctica

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    It worked for mecvhoss

Let me try some of your terms
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    I enetered
    ammo in Tennessee
    and it pulled results fine.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

works here too!

check the dates section... maybe something is tweaked wrong? are you just using the quick search function?

DC Founder
    It's working for me as well, but you're not the first one to say you are having problems with it. I am going to plan on rebuilding the search index later tonight, which will require the site to be down. Hopefully that will fix the problems some people have been having.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I've tried the following:

• Cleared DefensiveCarry cookies
    • Logged off and back on
    • Restarted computer
    • Usually use FireFox for a browser -- Tried Internet Explorer

All resulted in no change. Get the same error message. Search has worked for me in the past. I first noticed this yesterday when I was looking for the post about the Tennessee bill to serialize bullets. Also, this happens with both quick search and advanced search.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

DC Founder
    I'm hoping tonight's maintenance will fix it for you, Hoss. Please let me know if it's been fixed tomorrow....
    Bumper

JD
    Administrator
    Hoss,

Is this the thread you're looking for?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...read-heed.html

Hoss,

Is this the thread you're looking for?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...read-heed.html
    Yes JD, that's it. Thanks for the effort.

Hoss

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Another forum I frequent is having search problems too. ???

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Another forum I frequent is having search problems too. ???
    I doubt they are related, really. There are a lot of configuration setting on the search feature that are not real straighforward and I expect that it is common to mis-configure them in some way. It is a balancing act to keep people that are unfamiliar with search criteria from negatively impacting a site, without restricting searches for those that know exactly how to achieve the results they want....
    Bumper

Bumper,
    The search function is working for me now. What's odd is that an advanced search on the words "search" or "function" in thread titles won't find this thread. If I use the "user name" search and search for threads started by myself, it finds the thread. Strange.

Hoss

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

DC Founder
    I made some changes "loosening up" the search feature yesterday but didn't think that they would be in effect until the index was rebuilt. Unfortunately, that didn't happen as planned last night. I am now shooting for Wednesday night. If you have improved results because of the configuration changes I made, I'm pretty confident that after the rebuild it should be good to go.
    Bumper

Links