Smileys?

Smileys?

This is a discussion on Smileys? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm having problems retrieving a smiley, if the one I want is not in the recent ones to the right of the message composing area, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smileys?

VIP Member

Smileys?

I'm having problems retrieving a smiley, if the one I want is not in the recent ones to the right of the message composing area, at that time.

Both the smiley button above the composing area and the "more" at the bottom of the box to the right do bring up the rest.

At first, it all looks OK.

However, when I try to use one from the the additional group, my monitor screen goes spastic.

Suggestions?

Dave
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wow. Same here.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Mine does the same way........thought I was smiley handicapped.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Just type the actual ":smileytext:" into your response rather than clicking on the selection? Or cut and paste the code, I guess...

Obviously, it shouldn't be doing that, though...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

It's an Internet Explorer issue. I had that problem until Bumper told me download and use Firefox and that fixed the problem. I really like that browser better as well.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    It's an Internet Explorer issue. I had that problem until Bumper told me download and use Firefox and that fixed the problem. I really like that browser better as well.
    I may have to try that, mine spazzzes also!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Wow. I don't have any issues like that, but then again, I use Firefox.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    That would explain why I never saw it, either. Go get FireFox. It's a great browser!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

DC Founder
    Yup, I was afflicted with this problem for a long time and was very frustrated by it. I spent many hours hand sifting through hundreds (over 800) of smilies trying to find one that may have been corrupt. After searching some of the support forums, I found out that it was an issues with IE. After moving to Firefox I've had no further issues and I found I liked Firefox better. I believe, although I have no firsthand knowledge, that the new IE may have resolved the problem.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I can use them for a about 30 to 40 seconds and then it gets all...well you know. I've been just trying to remember where the ones I need are and hitting it asap. Firefox eh...I'll check that out. Thanx.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Firefox is better, but I still like to get most of my smileys or other emoticons from other sites and copy and paste the code.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Firefox is better, but I still like to get most of my smileys or other emoticons from other sites and copy and paste the code.
    The only problem with that is that they will frequently break and it is a drain on the bandwidth of our server as well as the server who's smiley you're linking. Although the load, singly, is small, if everyone used linked graphics, we'd all probably grind to a halt....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I rarely use smilies, but when I have done so, I copy in the text between colons. I have never figured out out how to move one of the smilies I see displayed on the right into my post. I can select one and copy, but the paste option is disabled. Any tips?

There's a reason it's called internet exploder.
    No problems with Safari.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I rarely use smilies, but when I have done so, I copy in the text between colons. I have never figured out out how to move one of the smilies I see displayed on the right into my post. I can select one and copy, but the paste option is disabled. Any tips?
    Just put your cursor where you want the smilie and click the smilie you want After a while you learn what the names of certain ones are and then you just type the colon the name and another colon like which is colonrolleyescolon
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links