Changes to Member Buy, Sell, Trade Forum

This is a discussion on Changes to Member Buy, Sell, Trade Forum within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Sorry JD, I think you are being too harsh on this gentleman. He isn't coming across as a "wiseguy" but someone who isn't computer savvy ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes to Member Buy, Sell, Trade Forum

1943 - 2009
    Sorry JD, I think you are being too harsh on this gentleman. He isn't coming across as a "wiseguy" but someone who isn't computer savvy and doesn't understand what "spam" is or why there is a need to protect members from "hit 'n run" advertisers.
    LenS, please don't jump to conclusions. There have been other issues with this fellow that led to his departure from the forum.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Captain Crunch,

Sorry if I did jump to conclusion. He just came across to me as a computer newbie that was confused.

So, sorry if I was out of line. I was only considering his posts in this thread.

Administrator
    JD performed the correct moderation for this reason alone.

The member - or now EX-Member made the request.

"I request you remove my posts and me from this forum."

When a member asks to be shown the door - they get shown the door.

We don't want anybody here that does not want to be here.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by LenS View Post
    Sorry if I did jump to conclusion. He just came across to me as a computer newbie that was confused. I was only considering his posts in this thread.
    Good idea. His words were telling:
    But my nose got bent out of shape by the forum's moderators inconsistency and applying a rule after the fact. Oh well, live and learn.
    Hm.

Reality: decisions are always made "after the fact." It's the nature of response to conditions.

The decision that was made was also consistently applied to everyone. Any decision has an implementation date. This one was no different. Yet, disrespect of the decision was the residue.

His final comment seemed to suggest he'd made peace with himself and accepted the simple reality that no splatter was aimed at him personally.

But then, he indicated not knowing/appreciating what a "spammer" was, got a reply from QKShooter, then got bent again about the reply, somehow suggesting that folks were twitting him in the nose, at his expense:

Quote Originally Posted by proudmarinesdad View Post
    Somewhere, somehow it seems i may have pissed someone off?? When I make what I think is a serious reply, you guys pick put what you want to respond to and lambast away!

I had enough of this kind of thinking when I was in the workplace. And really don't feel up to playing silly little games.
    Can't see where this flaming thing dumped on him is, but he seemed to think himself wronged, yet again.

His earlier request was to leave, due to being so unhappy:
    Quote Originally Posted by proudmarinesdad View Post
    ... I am not sure I want to continue if this remains to be your atttitude. I would think you would welcome new members instead of trying to run them away.
    And his final request was patently clear, replete with a parting jab:
    Naively, I thought I might get a meaningfull, logical answer here. I guess i have been mistaken. Well not again!!
    You guys have fun playing with each other. I'm outta of here.
    Two specific statements of unhappiness here and a desire to leave ... well, helping him do just that doesn't seem an unreasonable step. He couldn't be happy. Some can't. Perhaps he can, elsewhere. But such a disjoint pissed-off nature that doesn't match the situation is where road rage and other anti-social leanings come from. That sort of thing has no place in public. It's certainly runs counter to the basic tenor of folks, here.

A couple of things are clear.

It's good to remember this simple rule of thumb to living a modern life: Always put the seat down, take your time. Everyone's happier, and there's less to clean up.

It's also something to note that most learn this at 5yrs old. Some apparently never learn. Such is life.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; April 27th, 2008 at 03:38 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

DC Founder
    While this may seem harsh, there seemed to be ongoing issues with a "chip" on his shoulder. While we prefer to work with new members, letting them get settled in to the routine here sometimes, no matter what you say, it is for naught. Some just seem to make up their minds and come hell and high water they are going to do what they are going to do.

We do have a policy here, of my own doing, that when someone says, basically, "I quit", they are gone immediately. On those occasions where we haven't caught it quick enough or we've made exceptions, it has come around to bite us. Deleting posts, using PMs to attack those that have "done them wrong" and anything else that makes them feel better seems to be the M.O.

All that being said, I cannot figure out why, in this case, that requiring 25 posts was such a big deal. I am at a complete loss.

ccw9mm summed up the situation pretty well as I see it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member
    Good job Bumper and rest of Mods. For a "66" year old, he seems fairly juvenile.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links