Waiting 2 seconds is actually over 10k seconds

This is a discussion on Waiting 2 seconds is actually over 10k seconds within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; So I like to use the "new posts" button. I'm used to getting the "wait two seconds between searches" message, but this is a new ...

So I like to use the "new posts" button. I'm used to getting the "wait two seconds between searches" message, but this is a new one:

This forum requires that you wait 2 seconds between searches. Please try again in 12952 seconds.
    It's serious too... I tried a couple times and it's ticking down the seconds from over 12k seconds.

Is this expected behavior?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I don't feel so bad about my 9k+ second wait now...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

DC Founder
    This is a result of the time change on the server and. It sees that it is now 4 hours earlier than before and the search script is waiting for that time to pass. I'll see if I can shut off the delay. This is also going to result in some posts/threads not being sorted correctly until the four hours is up.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    Try it now....
    Bumper

People don't consider what a simple time change can do to a computer...

I had a coworker notice that the Novell server's clock was a few minutes off. After lunch one day, he manually reset the clock with the command 'SET TIME 01: 12 :00'

Novel uses a 24 hour clock. We had an automatic process that kicked anyone still logged into the system off at 1am, so that we could get a clean backup. The server happily started kicking off all 230 employees, right in the middle of whatever they were doing.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Yeah, I tried to PM QKShooter, but I PM'ed him this afternoon, so I can't...Only 2834 seconds to go.

Anyway, I was just wondering if, when you guys get a minute, you could edit http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-collapse.html so that my original post(#3) is post #1...just so the poll makes sense. Thanks a million!
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Yeah, I tried to PM QKShooter, but I PM'ed him this afternoon, so I can't...Only 2834 seconds to go.

Anyway, I was just wondering if, when you guys get a minute, you could edit http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-collapse.html so that my original post(#3) is post #1...just so the poll makes sense. Thanks a million!
    I posted a note in Post #1 that the original post was #4, since even Administrators are not allowed to edit post time. The only other way to correct all of this weirdness is to remove all threads and posts made within the hour time period that the time was off. Sorry, but there's just no way for me to do it....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I posted a note in Post #1 that the original post was #4, since even Administrators are not allowed to edit post time. The only other way to correct all of this weirdness is to remove all threads and posts made within the hour time period that the time was off. Sorry, but there's just no way for me to do it....
    No worries...so the original post is actually post #4, even though post #1 was made 3 hours earlier...wow...my head hurts. Seriously, though, thanks. I can only imagine the frustration you guys are going through right now. To be truthful, I thought you were going to wait until late tonight, then take the server off line for 3 or 4 hours until 'time caught up'.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    It is very frustrating from my perspective.

Since Mark said it would only take 30-40 minutes, I told him just to do it as quickly as he could. I know everyone was getting pretty frustrated with the bad performance as it was for staff trying to make the rounds....
    Bumper

Links