Sell & buy transaction?

This is a discussion on Sell & buy transaction? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have a new Brommeland Max con V for a Glock 27. Recently purchased a Max con for my G23 found that the 27 also ...

Thread: Sell & buy transaction?

Sell & buy transaction?

I have a new Brommeland Max con V for a Glock 27.
    Recently purchased a Max con for my G23 found that
    the 27 also fits that holster just fine so I will sell the Max con 27.
    My question is how do I assure the buyer that I will send it and how am I assured that I will get paid?
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Ray Blodgett
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

2. Remove Ads

If you have a paypal account you can handle payment that way,or do a face to face transfer,or if you get a buyer have him send payment by certified funds and then send holster after payment with guarantee if he's not satisfied return holster for full refund.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Ray, we have developed a pretty good trust in each other around here. Usually the seller waits until the funds arrive and then ships the item. I have dealt with several people in both the buyer and seller capacity. I have in each case of a purchase sent out a check immediately unless other arrangements were made. When selling I have shipped the item as soon as the buyer and I have come to an agreement. So far I have received each thing purchased and the funds for each thing sold.

The trust factor is also one of the reasons that we require that users have 25 posts before they are allowed to post in the member buy, sell, trade forum. It isn't perfect, but it does prevent someone from coming in and listing a bunch of things for sale and then taking off with the money without first putting in the time to make the 25 posts.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Ray, we have developed a pretty good trust in each other around here
    Ditto---done quite a few transactions with fellow members, more buys than sells. I like paypal--it's instant. I did have one fellow ship before he received my money order--they apparently crossed in the mail. I have yet to see any issues here. So-------how much are you going to ask for the holster?

It's a small community here. Check the seller/buyer's post count. Nobody here wants to ruin their reputation by screwing somebody.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Thanks all.
    Holster Price $85.00 shipped.
    Wore it twice, fits the G27 perfect, belt loops are for 2.5" belt.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

As far as the trust factor around here goes, this is the only forum that I've ever felt comfortable enough in to accept personal checks from members. Paypal has the advantage of getting instant payments so you can ship the item out more quickly but it still takes a week or so for the funds to be available once you transfer the funds into your checking account.

In any case, every transaction I've had here on the Forum has gone perfectly smooth, both as a buyer and a seller.
    Jack

DC Founder
    I will echo what others have said about buyers and sellers being pretty darned good about paying what they said they would in a buy and the seller delivering what they promised. While we can't guarantee things, we try our best to insure that things work out. If it doesn't, I would like to know about it, by PM. Not that I can do much about a particular transaction, but I can insure that it doesn't happen again....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    Well, as the seller there is no reason why you cannot request a postal Money Order from the buyer.

When you list it for sale just state Payment By Money Order Only.

Then you can ship as soon as payment is received and do not have to wait until a personal check clears.

The bottom line for the buyer is that it is "Let The Buyer Beware" and the buyer must trust that you will ship his item after he pays & payment is recd.

The buyer does have one safeguard though and that is that it is a Felony to use the U.S. Mail to commit Mail Fraud which is what you would be doing if you received payment but, did not send the item.

You should ship the holster to the buyer Insured and with Delivery Confirmation.
    Since it benefits you AND the buyer both by doing that.

That is your proof that you shipped and the package made it to the destination as the Delivery Confirmation Bar Code gets scanned at the door at the time of delivery - so the buyer cannot tell you that he did not get the package or that you did not ship it.

And then if the package gets lost...the buyer is fully covered by the Insurance.

So if you want $85.00 for the holster...then charge the Buyer for the shipping cost and the Insurance...(unless you are feeling generous) and you pay for the additional Delivery Confirmation.

The Delivery Confirmation is a nice addition because the Buyer can track his or her package at USPS.com using the Delivery Confirmation tracking number. You can send him (or her) that tracking number through E-mail or Private Forum mail.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett View Post
    Thanks all.
    Holster Price $85.00 shipped.
    Wore it twice, fits the G27 perfect, belt loops are for 2.5" belt.
    For that price I need to run out and buy a Glock 27!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Links