Suggestion about the 'New Posts' Feature - Page 2

Suggestion about the 'New Posts' Feature

This is a discussion on Suggestion about the 'New Posts' Feature within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; How many options would you like to see for welcomes anyway? If you're annoyed--might just not go there and punish yourself. Maybe they can arrange ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion about the 'New Posts' Feature

How many options would you like to see for welcomes anyway? If you're annoyed--might just not go there and punish yourself. Maybe they can arrange it where you can block what forums show for you? Padding post counts? Look--I could care less---take all of my welcome posts away that I've ever made if you want to--I think its part of community involvement. By the way--I don't like cookie cutter stuff either---that's why I arm myself with plenty of options! I don't like copy cats either--but feel free to copy and paste to your heart's desire--I can always find something more and unique--or make my own.

I can make you one if you want.

DC Founder
    Honestly, this has been the first time anyone has ever brought this up as a "problem" and as almost every other element in the forum is subject to - one person liking it and another not liking it. This is something we are just going to have to agree to disagree on....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Honestly, this has been the first time anyone has ever brought this up as a "problem" ....
    Everything has a first time, that doesn't make it worth less.

Personally, I don't care about post counts, or what people do to get them. However, it is a little annoying to use the 'new posts' feature, and see so many welcome posts. It'd be great to eliminate those from 'new posts' if possible.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    You get a gold star by your name.

Wait. They're red.
    Wait just a minute.........I thought we got a new gun for each star we acquired.......I just thought the postal system was slow.....NUTS...
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by What the? View Post
    Everything has a first time, that doesn't make it worth less.
    I didn't say it was worthless, I said we were going to have to agree to disagree; I have no plans to change this....
    Bumper

Mea Culpa. I guess I am somewhat guilty of welcoming several new members at a time, but I agree with Bumper, that it's a nice welcome to new members and makes them feel "at home". I remember getting that welcome myself, and it was greatly appreciated.

I have a suggestion for those that wish to welcome members en masse. Maybe you can welcome them one or two at a time, read some more posts elsewhere on the forum, then come back and welcome another one or two.

That way, the New Posts search won't be so crowded with all those "hello" posts in a row.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I have a suggestion then also. Anyone who's bothered by the en mass welcoming committees just go to the particular forums they enjoy most instead of viewing the general daily posts that run the gamut?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I have a suggestion then also. Anyone who's bothered by the en mass welcoming committees just go to the particular forums they enjoy most instead of viewing the general daily posts that run the gamut?
    Or, look to the right for the "New Members" entries and skip them.

Okay, since not including the New Member welcome area as part of the 'New Posts' feature is not going to be considered, is there any possibility of people you place on your ignore list not be included in the 'New Posts'?

I figured placing somebody on the 'ignore list' would be an easy option to alleviate my frustration, but instead, their posts still show up...I just can't see their 'generic' welcome.

Or is the 'New Posts' feature, as is, just going to be something I have to get used to, or not use?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    Regardless of what forum the new posts reside in, they are still new posts and I am not able to eliminate them, in any way that I know of. I think you're just going to have to get used to it....
    Bumper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links