This Websites Popularity

This is a discussion on This Websites Popularity within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I hate this site. I miss so much sleep because of it!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Websites Popularity

I hate this site. I miss so much sleep because of it!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

2. Remove Ads

Sleep is a waste of time. Alot better things to do than sleep.

DC Founder
    I'd be very interested to see the Google WebAnalytics data for this site, but the mods probably don't want to make it public for various reasons (advertising, security, privacy...).
    I don't have the site set up for Google Analytics and don't mind sharing details about the forum's statistics that I have available, but the problem is that the tool I have available gathers the statistics every time that someone takes the link. I would rather statistics not be gathered repeatedly at the expense of forum performance. I will try to capture the statistics page and link it up in thread as a snapshot if I can.

Note: The first five graphics relate to the month of April 2008. The last one are totals for the last 12 months, including May, which we're only 9 days into.
    Attached Images
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Ron
    Without unduly repeating what others have said, IMO the secret to the success of this Forum is the basic civility of the members and that is reflected in the tone of the posts: informative, intelligent, and courteous. A tough combination to beat. I am continuously delighted to find this holding true even when the subject of the thread brings out some very strong differences of opinion.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I have visited many forums over the years, and this one is by far the best. Those other forums I would just see bickering back and forth and those members ignored other posts asking for help.

In This Forum:
    More active participants
    Very cordial exchanges of opinions
    Up to date information
    If you post a question you will get an answer
    One can learn from others experiences without having to go through it
    The price is right! I am a cheapskate, trying to put 2 kids through college and I quickly decided to support this site because of my positive experiences
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I don't have the site set up for Google Analytics and don't mind sharing details about the forum's statistics that I have available, but the problem is that the tool I have available gathers the statistics every time that someone takes the link. I would rather statistics not be gathered repeatedly at the expense of forum performance. I will try to capture the statistics page and link it up in thread as a snapshot if I can.

Note: The first five graphics relate to the month of April 2008. The last one are totals for the last 12 months, including May, which we're only 9 days into.
    May should be an even better month because of improved performance. Our upgrade is really keeping the site humming along.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links