Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

This Websites Popularity

2K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  dr_cmg 
#1 ·
I am really amazed at the growth this website seems to be getting. I watch the "most users ever online" line and it seems that the number is jumping up quickly. Last night it hit 958 users online at one time, with over 3,700 registered active users.

It would be interesting to see a graph that shows the growth of this website - and the growth is well deserved!

MODs - I couldn't figure out where this best fits, but I figured you would find this and move it quickly enough.

#2 ·
I'd be very interested to see the Google WebAnalytics data for this site, but the mods probably don't want to make it public for various reasons (advertising, security, privacy...).

I think you're right, and I think it's a reflection of the upward trend in interest in CCW and the upward trend in new permit holders.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

#7 ·
With more states getting on the concealed weapons bandwagon, its just natural that this place continues growing.

For one, lots of newbies come here and get some good information.

Another added benefit is that people from some of the rabid antigun fanatic states like Illinois, Maryland,New Jersey,Massachussetts,R.I. and New York,to name a few, get to see and realize that not all states make you to register to buy a handgun,ask for permission to own one, jump through hoops to buy ammo, record guns with the police and all of the other anti self-defense tricks that Dictators like to use to keep people unarmed.

The more people that see that, the more change will be coming in the future.

#8 ·
The success of this site lies in a common love for all things firearms, helpful tips and advice, and moderaters that set the example for us to act like gentlemen...all this breeds a good comradery between the members. Whether it's for 3 minutes or getting lost in the site for 3 hours (shhh...don't tell my wife) I enjoy my time here.

#10 ·
This is a great forum. The layout and content has something for just about everyone. A big difference between this and some other forums is the amount of civility displayed by the members and promoted by the mods. That can be a challenge considering the different opinions offered by so many members but it works well here.

#12 ·
This is a great site. It has some really good folks participating on a regular basis. There is lots of useful info. Both JD and Lima helped me out tremendously, and I'm thankful to them.

#13 ·
This site does not put up with any :bs2::nono:

I like it...I support it...I appreciate it...I laugh a lot...

#14 ·
Civility-Common Courtesy = GROWTH

The civility and Common Courtesy displayed by the members here should be seen as a BENCHMARK for BEHAVIOR on other sites.

You can ask a question (no matter how basic) here without taking a brow beating or flaming by some overly opinionated or frustrated "EXPERT".
You may be given a link to a previous thread or have the search function explained but that's just part of a learning curve.

When people find a "COMFORT ZONE", they tend to stay in it.

JMO and yes I love this site.

#15 ·
#17 ·
Sleep is a waste of time. Alot better things to do than sleep.

#18 ·
I'd be very interested to see the Google WebAnalytics data for this site, but the mods probably don't want to make it public for various reasons (advertising, security, privacy...).
I don't have the site set up for Google Analytics and don't mind sharing details about the forum's statistics that I have available, but the problem is that the tool I have available gathers the statistics every time that someone takes the link. I would rather statistics not be gathered repeatedly at the expense of forum performance. I will try to capture the statistics page and link it up in thread as a snapshot if I can.

Note: The first five graphics relate to the month of April 2008. The last one are totals for the last 12 months, including May, which we're only 9 days into.

Attachments

#19 ·
Without unduly repeating what others have said, IMO the secret to the success of this Forum is the basic civility of the members and that is reflected in the tone of the posts: informative, intelligent, and courteous. A tough combination to beat. I am continuously delighted to find this holding true even when the subject of the thread brings out some very strong differences of opinion.

#20 ·
I have visited many forums over the years, and this one is by far the best. Those other forums I would just see bickering back and forth and those members ignored other posts asking for help.

In This Forum:
More active participants
Very cordial exchanges of opinions
Up to date information
If you post a question you will get an answer
One can learn from others experiences without having to go through it
The price is right! I am a cheapskate, trying to put 2 kids through college and I quickly decided to support this site because of my positive experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.