Suggestion for threads:

Suggestion for threads:

This is a discussion on Suggestion for threads: within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Many of the forums I visit have a mouse over function where the first few lines of the thread are previewed. I personally enjoy that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for threads:

Suggestion for threads:

Many of the forums I visit have a mouse over function where the first few lines of the thread are previewed. I personally enjoy that feature; I’m just throwing the idea out there.

Bumper mentioned some new features in the next site update/upgrade, and that may be one of them.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPerformance View Post
    Many of the forums I visit have a mouse over function where the first few lines of the thread are previewed. I personally enjoy that feature; I’m just throwing the idea out there.
    Some people really like that feature and others hate it and I have never considered turning it on. To me, personally, I don't like the little "text bubbles" popping up when you inadvertently move your mouse across a thread name. If it would allow the ones that it bothers to turn it off, I wouldn't have a problem turning it on, but unfortunately, it's either on for everyone or off for everyone....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

JRG
    I agree, the mouseover feature would be great......

Not so sure I'd like that.

For me, it helps to weed out the thread titles that lead to nowhere.

Ex: Thread title
    Hey guys, I need advice
    Or the
    What would you do?

What do you need advice on? What are you asking about? I won't know until I fully commit to the thread. If we can't get the mouse over, how about at least getting thread titles on track so we know what we are getting into before we click? Better then half the thread titles are vague, and make information difficult to sort through. I really like this website because you guys make it what it is, a HUGE depository of great information. However, retrieving that information can be a little cumbersome at times.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

I'm one of those that thinks they can become a little annoying. I would, however, enjoy being able to read threads without having to log in. Should I wish to respond then I would log in. Let me also say the hard work on this site is quite evident and I really have no complaints.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

How about a vote Bumper?

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I would vote against it; the feature requires parking the mouse pointer in some location to avoid balloons or pop ups as the page is scrolled up. I also use the mouse pointer to mark where I left off if something comes up, and the balloons pop up and obscure what I wanted to mark all too often.

This might be workable if the pointer had to rest on the link for several seconds, but popping up as the pointer passes over the link is very annoying.

I'd rather see the next minute postings go away and have them edit their afterthoughts instead of posting again one minute after their last reply-----that really irks me--just came from a thread like that.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
    How about a vote Bumper?
    Sorry, bubble text is not a suggestion that I would implement even if it to win in a vote....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I wish there were a way to force the poster to use an appropriate and relative thread subject title . . .

I hate threads that have subject titles that are incomplete, trailing and sometimes have absolutely no relativity to the content of the post body.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I wish there were a way to force the poster to use an appropriate and relative thread subject title . . .

I hate threads that have subject titles that are incomplete, trailing and sometimes have absolutely no relativity to the content of the post body.
    That is exactly why I brought up the text bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Not so sure I'd like that.
    +1
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    +1

Simply put, you have to hover over a thread title for a few seconds, a bubble such as that pops up and gives you a glimpse of what is inside. Depending on the forum depends on how much of a "preview" they give you. Some like here give you zero, others give you several lines. No pop ups that we all dread, no slowing the computer down, just a nice preview.

However, "the man" has already put it to rest, so I'll just leave it be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links