7681 users online today? At once?

This is a discussion on 7681 users online today? At once? within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Really? Or is the counter cooked?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7681 users online today? At once?

Really? Or is the counter cooked?

I don't even know where to find the counter.

VIP Member
    Good grief! What in the world is going on?

Well, since there are only 3,643 active members, I would say the counter is 'cooked'.

And the 'counter' is on the home page right above the list of online members. It will say the number of active users, guests, and bots. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/

ETA: according to
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/online.php

356 members and 851 guests
    Most users ever online was 7681, Today at 02:15 PM.
    I forgot the counter counted guests, also...7681 might be accurate. Sounds like Bumper is going to be raising the advertising rates, huh?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    It's on the main page:

What's Going On? Currently Active Users: 1214 (355 members & 854 guests & 5 bots)

Most users ever online was 7,681, Today at 12:15 PM.

SelfDefense,...
    They are here to read my posts!

I'm always first.

Ah-okay---I never go to the homepage.

DC Founder
    One of our threads was posted to a site which resulted in a sudden 7X increase in the previous number of people that were on at one time. Hopefully, it was just a fluke and will not be a daily occurrence. It's not cooked by any means, just not an accurate representation of the norm. I am probably going to roll it back if I can figure out how....

The good news is that although we had a bit of a slowdown, the server took the load in stride only slowing down a bit....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Well, that explains the slow down...

Now for the good stuff...which thread and what site and why???? Come on, Bumper, inquiring minds want to know.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Wow!

That's a lot of action. My store would pay a fortune for that many hits in a month, much less at 2:00 PM on a weekday. I guess guns and good manners are the road to fame and fortune.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Well, that explains the slow down...

Now for the good stuff...which thread and what site and why???? Come on, Bumper, inquiring minds want to know.
    Honestly, I would rather not release the site that linked us because I really don't welcome huge influxes of people that marginally (if at all) interested in concealed carry. If they were all interested in our subject matter, I would slap the links on the site myself, but bigger is not always better....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Honestly, I would rather not release the site that linked us because I really don't welcome huge influxes of people that marginally (if at all) interested in concealed carry. If they were all interested in our subject matter, I would slap the links on the site myself, but bigger is not always better....

+1 I like it just the way it is.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I just want to know what everyone else was looking at, I don't care where they are from. Step outside and look up in the air and watch how many other people look up in the air too.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    One of our threads was posted to a site which resulted in a sudden 7X increase in the previous number of people that were on at one time. Hopefully, it was just a fluke and will not be a daily occurrence. It's not cooked by any means, just not an accurate representation of the norm. I am probably going to roll it back if I can figure out how....

The good news is that although we had a bit of a slowdown, the server took the load in stride only slowing down a bit....
    At about 6:00 pm, pacific (Thursday), I suddenly couldn't use dc.com. I have high speed internet access and had to go somewhere else for 30 minutes. I thought it was an attack of some kind.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    At about 6:00 pm, pacific (Thursday), I suddenly couldn't use dc.com. I have high speed internet access and had to go somewhere else for 30 minutes. I thought it was an attack of some kind.
    That sounds like it must have been a slow down at your ISP or somewhere in between. The 7K+ number was at around noon Pacific. I haven't heard anything about a slow down or other problem at the time you were having problems. Could it have been an attack on your ISP?
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

DC Founder
    I experienced a bit of a slow down just before noon. As George said, by 6pm PST "the deluge" was over. Hundreds of points along the way, your connection could have been slowed for some reason, including your ISP. I never experienced not being able to connect to the site and, overall, performance was much better than it was before the upgrade with only 1000 connected. I'm pretty happy, actually....
    Bumper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links