For defensivecarry.com's Sake!!!

This is a discussion on For defensivecarry.com's Sake!!! within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've been around here a little while, not nearly as long as many of you. In fact, my first defensivecarry.com birthday hit just days ago, ...

Thread: For defensivecarry.com's Sake!!!

For defensivecarry.com's Sake!!!

I've been around here a little while, not nearly as long as many of you. In fact, my first defensivecarry.com birthday hit just days ago, and it bid reflection on some of the cool things about this site.

One thing that really stands out is the mutual respect we all show one another. I confess to have been a participating member of some seriously angry sports blogging and bulletin boarding. In fact, I have received awards and notoriety on a sports website for dealing with flamers and idiots in an incredibly harsh and personal manner, insultingly and demeaningly as possible - and I have grown weary of it. My posts on that site have become less and less frequent, and it just comes down to the fact that things like this tend to get REALLY old REALLY fast because you're so worried about NOT getting out-bashed that all the fun of intelligent discussion about sports has gone out of it. You just end up defending yourself at every turn, cutting before you're cut. Being a jerk* is not only encouraged...it is rewarded. There is NO forum moderation (save for the digital swearword police), and THAT is why things have gotten to that point.

OK, so to move on. I notice that I'm not getting bored around here yet. I learn something from lots of the posts here, and feel like I can ask 'stupid' questions of some of our resident experts (members and mods and adminstrative staff all). And that made we want to recontribute some of my hard-earned dinero cashola yobbo-booty to this place. After all, my birthday is past and so it has been more than a year since I first chipped in to help defensivecarry.com!!!

My first donation wasn't the lowest level, because I had been around here long enough to see the immediately healthy environment promulgated by diligent staffing and intelligent posting. Also, I've not had to live on Ramen for a while, such are my blessing for solid employment for both Dr. Wifeypoo and I. I could afford to contribute a little more than that to something I believe in. This year, we're doing especially well. We can afford a little more this year, having rid ourselved of ALL debt (safe said Dr. Wifeypoo's school bills, which, if it were up to me, we'd carry at 2.9% for the entire term), I'm upping the ante and pitching in a bit more. I'm happy reading and posting here, and still think it worthy of my support.

ANYWAY, while this is certainly directed at our newer members and 'rookies' (technically, I think I've just passed that mark, but that should probably not be up to the individual in question), it is especially for our senior-and-above members that might have the ability to help out but for whatever reason, have not. Since the staff here would NEVER pitch ANYTHING to any of us, I feel comfortable with this post, because it is honest and not trying to sell anything to anyone. I sincerely hope that nobody takes this as too "soapboxy".If you read here and post here and like it, if you have the means but simply haven't done it, think about doing it.

The Paypal method is easy and extremely secure (insured on both ends by PRIVATE funding, not FDIC, so you know the government ain't handling your stuff, thank heavens!! ).

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/payments.php

Much respect to any who respect me, admiration for some that impress me...and suspicion of EVERYBODY...

Peace,
    Scot
    Last edited by Scot Van; June 18th, 2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: used the phrase 'jackass*' then though the better of it and used jerk instead.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Thanks, Scot, we appreciate your support and sentiments. I also understand and agree with you on your observations on some of the forums out there. In the past, I have been a member of many of those types of forums, as well. It's the reason we are strict here.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Excellent read Scot & I agree, this place is well worth donating to in order to keep it up and running.
    Jack

Administrator

Thumbs up

Wow! Did you smack that nail dead center on the head with this:

"One thing that really stands out is the mutual respect we all show one another. I confess to have been a participating member of some seriously angry sports blogging and bulletin boarding. In fact, I have received awards and notoriety on a sports website for dealing with flamers and idiots in an incredibly harsh and personal manner, insultingly and demeaningly as possible - and I have grown weary of it. My posts on that site have become less and less frequent, and it just comes down to the fact that things like this tend to get REALLY old REALLY fast because you're so worried about NOT getting out-bashed that all the fun of intelligent discussion about sports has gone out of it. You just end up defending yourself at every turn, cutting before you're cut. Being a jerk* is not only encouraged...it is rewarded. There is NO forum moderation (save for the digital swearword police), and THAT is why things have gotten to that point."

PERFECTLY STATED! ~~~~>
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    We have moderators?

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    IMO its a good example of your average CCW holder. Most people look at gun owners as tobacco chewing rednecks, who go out and shoot stuffed animals for our full time jobs like in the movie "Three Kings". I do think this is one of the best forums to belong to.

I've had my moments where pride came in the way, and instead of the get real mentality its been a polite hey rob99vmi04 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (that ain't cool) shape up or ship out. Its given me a new respect for people that run the forum. I know this is coming from a guy who hasn't donated any green to the board (its on my list of things to do). However,its the only board I've done a Karma for a $250 course to and made a moderator an instructor at no charge.

I hope it stays running and proud to be a member.

PS can you pass the SKOAL. HEY I did quit smoking with peoples encouragement from this board.

Thanks BUMPER!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

This site is the first thing I do every morning with coffee, and the last thing I do before the night is over...

It's a respectful place, I get to laugh a lot, there is much to learn, and I've met several of the members during the last couple of years

I appreciate everything that goes on here...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Most people look at gun owners as tobacco chewing rednecks, who go out and shoot stuffed animals

What's wrong with that. I chew tobacco and hate stuffed animals.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This site is the first thing I do every morning with coffee, and the last thing I do before the night is over...

It's a respectful place, I get to laugh a lot, there is much to learn, and I've met several of the members during the last couple of years

I appreciate everything that goes on here...

Same routine here. I hope next time I am visiting the in-laws in Osteen, I can meet up with you.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Very well said Scot
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

And, whatever else can be said, THANK YOU for the blazing speed and reliability, recently.

Let us know what else we can do to help.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    Thanks, Scott, for the great post.

This place certainly is very unique.

I, too, agree that forums where you have to cut before you get cut and battle with every word you type get very old VERY fast. It seems you can't find forums without that these days. It is refreshing to come to a place where you don't have to worry about that kind of thing.

Thanks, again, for the great post.

Links