Just an observation - Page 2

Just an observation

This is a discussion on Just an observation within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm not sure I ever spent time poring over the rules, either. However, to me, it has been pretty clear since about the second week ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just an observation

I'm not sure I ever spent time poring over the rules, either. However, to me, it has been pretty clear since about the second week that this wasn't an OC forum, but a CC one. The implied focus is almost palpable! There are many issues unique to each, and things would get schlurmy pretty quick if we lost our focus.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Personally, I like "defensive carry"...because, in my simple mind, that is what it is all about...whether CC or OC. How to defend and be defensive...kudos to this site for making it educational is so many ways.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post
    What bashing?
    Frequent and vehement. Such threads are general toasted, roasted and closed quickly. Some topics have historically bent in that direction, hence ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Frequent and vehement. Such threads are general toasted, roasted and closed quickly. Some topics have historically bent in that direction, hence ...
    You stole my thunder. It is "one of those topics" that just seem to always get heated. I would prefer it to be otherwise, but unfortunately, it does. Above all else, we try to keep the forum civil and if it takes limiting OC discussions to make that happen, we will. Those that are marginally specific to OC are left to run without any action on our part, but when they start going the way of most, they are closed and or removed. Period.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post

As for open versus concealed, I've always considered them to be 2 sides of the same coin

Couldn't have said it better.

It's a matter of preference and really people, we are adults...we should respect each others opinions...regardless.

VIP Member
    Quote w/ emphasis added:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Above all else, we try to keep the forum civil and if it takes limiting OC discussions to make that happen, we will.
    As far as I can see in the short time I've been here, the OC cited above could be replaced with a number of subjects.

I like that.

I too have been on many forums, list serves, etc that go to the extremes -- from banning any mention of certain subjects to major flame wars .

You folk do a good job of allowing open discussion while maintaining civility.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links