Just an observation

Just an observation

This is a discussion on Just an observation within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Maybe I don't get it, but I always thought that "Defensive carry" would include all forms of carry, not just one....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just an observation

Maybe I don't get it, but I always thought that "Defensive carry" would include all forms of carry, not just one.

JD
    Administrator

Last edited by JD; June 18th, 2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Quoting deleted portion of my post.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

So in other words, no discussion of other methods is allowed?

Fine.

I guess that's the end of the discussion then.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post

Fine.

I wouldn't go that far, it is allowed as long as it is still relevant to the site's focus. It can be mentioned, and is still mentioned.

I can point out several threads regarding OC.

The main point is that this is, and always has been a concealed carry forum, nothing more, nothing less.

Bumper has hinted from time to time that an OC section might eventually be added, but until that time the above mentioned policy is in place.

I OC on occasion, as well do many of our staff members and other members of the forum. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not included in our focus.

Interesting.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I take it OC means open carry, I've never heard the term offensive carry, and I'd think that would be illegal.
    Huh?

OC (Open Carry) is totally legal in many states.

I think I'll hang around for a while...

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post

Fine.

Bumper didnt say that. Talking about it and arguing about it are two different things.

He said:
    While most of us have no problem with those that open carry (including myself), there is a faction within those that primarily open carry that seem to believe that they must evangelize their belief on the rest of us. I am getting extremely tired of these arguments working themselves into the forum on a daily basis. They are starting to drive a wedge between many of our members and that is not going to be allowed to happen.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

DC Founder
    Many of you may be surprised that I do, in fact, open carry fairly often. I'm not against the mention of open carry, as JD said, but have made the choice at this point to avoid all focus on open carry because of the arguments that break out when someone primarily open carries with one that concealed carries discusses their reasoning. We have been a concealed carry forum since Day 1. My opinion (for now, anyway) is that being open to general open carry threads would dilute our focus and create chaos. As JD offered above, I have considered adding an open carry sub-forum but am somewhat hesitant to open up a can of worms.

Maybe I don't get it, but I always thought that "Defensive carry" would include all forms of carry, not just one.
    Al, I can't believe, as a member here since 2005 that you have just now discovered that our primary focus is concealed carry. It is prominently displayed in our header and the point has been made in virtually hundreds of threads, not to mention several rather public "incidents" with those that have insisted on adding open carry to our focus. Anyone that is surprised by this has, obviously, never read the rules of this forum.

Rule number one reads as follows:

Although we have a number of other forums here, we are primarily focused on concealed carry. Threads and posts should be related to the individual forum's focus.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Generally speaking, I rarely ever read any forums' rules, except for maybe the one regarding user names. In most cases, I've found common sense tends to be the general rule.

As for open versus concealed, I've always considered them to be 2 sides of the same coin, so I was a bit taken aback, when someone else asked in the General Firearms section, if anyone had ever done it, and was promptly shutdown.

Since people seem to be expecting an argument to start, maybe it would be best to lock this one down too. As I said before, end of discussion.

Administrator

Hi Al

Just FYI

I should add that the ideal name that Bumper wanted right after we switched names from our original CombatCarry.com was ConcealedCarry.com but, that name (ConcealedCarry.com) was already in use by Concealed Carry Clothiers....so it was decided that DefensiveCarry was next best.

Our primary focus has always been on legal concealed carry though since the very beginning.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Hold the line Bumper!!! You seem to have a good grasp on the way a forum should be run. I have quit many forums where every one bashes someone else.

What bashing?

I think everyone has a choice in states that allow either concealed or open carry,Texas is concealed carry only but there are people that would like an open carry law,even if they allowed open carry I prefer concealed,If somebody wants to oc that's there business and in some ways may be educating the general public that guns are not evil and that when in the right hands are not something to be afraid of,I prefer the run silent run deep covert carry
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links