Edits

Edits

This is a discussion on Edits within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Mayb I've lost my mind, I dunno. I've got some stuff in the 'for sale' section, and I'd like to go in and edit/modify prices. ...

Thread: Edits

Edits

Mayb I've lost my mind, I dunno.
    I've got some stuff in the 'for sale' section, and I'd like to go in and edit/modify prices. Last night, I apparently didnt have any trouble editing as I put some SPFs at the end of some sold items.
    But today, I cant figger out how to get into my own posts to edit.
    What am I doing wrong?

Dan

There is a default time that you can edit posts. I believe it is 24 hours at this forum. After that, only a mod can edit your post. You can also just post a reply to your thread with the updated price.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

groovy. Never noticed that feature before.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Dan

There is a default time that you can edit posts. I believe it is 24 hours at this forum. After that, only a mod can edit your post. You can also just post a reply to your thread with the updated price.
    I'm almost sure of it.

Senior Moderator
    You are correct.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

DC Founder
    Yup, you have 24 hours to edit an individual post and then it locks down. You can still close the thread yourself once the item is sold in that particular forum. Other edits can be made by contacting forum staff.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Yup, you have 24 hours to edit an individual post and then it locks down. You can still close the thread yourself once the item is sold in that particular forum. Other edits can be made by contacting forum staff.
    I didn't know we could do that, I feel "nighe powerful" now!
    Seriously, it's pretty cool we can close the sale threads when items are sold.
    Jack

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I didn't know we could do that, I feel "nighe powerful" now!
    Seriously, it's pretty cool we can close the sale threads when items are sold.
    It's rarely remembered, actually. We also close them once we notice that the item has been sold.
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Actually, I was mistaken. It is actually only a 12 hour window to edit your post before it locks itself.
    Last edited by Kerbouchard; June 24th, 2008 at 01:51 AM.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Actually, I was mistaken. It is actually only a 12 hour window to edit your post before it locks itself.
    Nope it's set at 1440 minutes, or 24 hours.
    Bumper

Your seconds must be a little different out there in AZ, cuz I can edit posts that I made at 9 p.m. yesterday, but I can't edit posts that I made at 7 p.m., which is why I figured it was 12 hours instead of 24.

Oh, well, doesn't really matter one way or the other. My posts are always perfect, so why should I need an edit button?

Who is John Galt?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Your seconds must be a little different out there in AZ, cuz I can edit posts that I made at 9 p.m. yesterday, but I can't edit posts that I made at 7 p.m., which is why I figured it was 12 hours instead of 24.
    We are a little different, but the server is in North Carolina so we'll have to blame it on them...

Oh, well, doesn't really matter one way or the other. My posts are always perfect, so why should I need an edit button?
    You have a point there....
    Bumper

Sponsored Links