Signature Observation

This is a discussion on Signature Observation within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod Я ram стержень и я линейка себя Using ImTranslator 3.2: I ram a core and I a ruler of Sorry, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signature Observation

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Я ram стержень и я линейка себя
    Using ImTranslator 3.2:
    I ram a core and I a ruler of

Sorry, RR. Just puttin' down what the translator said.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    To stick a woman's .02 in, I have yet to see anything offensive in any of the sig lines. The lack of political correctness ...
    Just so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I don't pay much attention to the signatures. Links generally grab my attention more than most, and there are always those funny ones worth reading all the way through. I like things short, sweet, and to the point most of the time. Folks have a right to express themselves even if it's in a small way--individuality. If you think your signature is questionable, just state it in a different language.
    إنني قضيب الخروف و i إن مسطرة I
    Mi RAM teste e mi righello di me stesso
    Я ram стержень и я линейка себя
    How do you do that? (change language)

elphay ouyay i illway, esyay

http://www.babylon.com/affiliates/la...FQRJFQodPCW1uA
    Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation
    Free Online Translator

Most of them come close, but none of them seem to come complete. When translating anything from English into another language-remember--English is the most complex language out there and many words do not have any direct translation. Have you seen the 'stinky fish face' commercial? Be careful with your tools-check it two or three times. My English phrase for this post was: I am Ram Rod and I rule myself.
    Arabic, Italian, Russian
    Latin sounds good no matter what, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I'm not worried about the offensiveness of "kill-em-all" type signatures, but, were I you, I would be worried about what that will look like in a trial.

"Note the defendant's mantra, here on his internet forum -- 'Kill em all, let God sort em out' -- and note that he used HOLLOW POINTS in a .45 caliber handgun and shot the poor victim in the chest.... but most of all, remember that he lived his life by that motto..."

If Harold Fish went to jail for using a 10mm handgun and hollow points, you will go to jail for an aggressive sig line.

RamRod, I recommend Wheelock's.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    So,if guns become illegal,will this be DefenseLessCarry.com I have no idea if I am offended.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post
    I'm not worried about the offensiveness of "kill-em-all" type signatures, but, were I you, I would be worried about what that will look like in a trial.

"Note the defendant's mantra, here on his internet forum -- 'Kill em all, let God sort em out' -- and note that he used HOLLOW POINTS in a .45 caliber handgun and shot the poor victim in the chest.... but most of all, remember that he lived his life by that motto..."

If Harold Fish went to jail for using a 10mm handgun and hollow points, you will go to jail for an aggressive sig line.

RamRod, I recommend Wheelock's.

"kill em and let God sort em out" is my favorite
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Does mine offend you?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    So, small emoticon graphics are allowed insignatures still?
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    That's my understanding Tally, or else my flag is going away too, of course Bumper is the one to ultimately answer that.

I haven't seen any sig lines that I find offensive, but I'm pretty hard to offend.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

So, small emoticon graphics are allowed in signatures still?

Here in Texas All that matters is if you were justified to use deady force,remember Joe Horns own words I'm gonna kill em I'm not gonna let em get away
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    No...the name will probably get changed to Come&TakeIt.org

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    So, if guns become illegal, will this be DefenseLessCarry.com I have no idea if I am offended.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I put a lot of hard work and thought in developing my signature line even though part of it came from somewhere else, and hopefully it is thought provoking...

However what we do is in fact talk about killing people here. It is a deadly and serious business to discuss using lethal force against someone trying to kill you.

It is a down and dirty, ugly act that comes from desperate people who may or may not have just soiled themselves who are more afraid of dying right now than at any other moment of their lives.

It's "in your face" and often happens in the blink of an eye.

There is Nothing... Nothing politically correct about using lethal force against another human.

I have a mind set. It's kill or be killed! It's ingrained in me! Taught to me years ago by my great uncle and cultivated by serving my country in the Marine Corps. It's what keeps me alive and on my toes and there's nothing pretty about it.

If I am attacked or threatened, I counter attack and attack quickly. It is not defensive... it's definitely offensive and aggressive. I don't think in defensive terms. When you think defense, to defend, or try to block an attack, you brain is subconsciously telling you that you are weak; and that places you behind the curve. The bad guy will be the first to make his move, (by law, he has to) but I will have the first strike. Be it unarmed or armed with a weapon. I will attack with overwhelming rage and violence in order to keep him from killing me. I am under no delusion that I am going to be the one who survives either. But I am going to make sure I stand a better chance than he does.

And as law abiding citizens, we are already WAY behind the curve by having to wait and verify that the threat we face is immediate and life threatening and unavoidable... That's already a lot for a brain to process... then to have to think I have to try and block this punch, counter this swing, defend myself, etc is a losing proposition.

Having an offensive mindset is often misunderstood. That is not my problem. I can articulate it well enough to a cop, prosecutor or jury as needed, if needed. An offensive mindset is not to be construed as the same mindset a predator uses or in a negative manner.

I think we can talk about adult topics and still have room for a little humor or off color quips and some political incorrectness in order to relieve some of the mental stress that accumulates from discussing such an unnatural and unpleasant act as possibly killing someone in order to stay alive. Essentially, it's a form of gallows humor.

I do my best not to be rude, vulgar, indecent or use foul or obscene language, but I don't feel I should have to check my beliefs, theories or attitudes when stating my opinion or experience to someone who may choose to stake their life on information I put forth in a post. Obviously they do so at their own risk, but I am not going to sugar coat reality.

I agree certain phrases or uses of the word kill may be inappropriate when used in certain statements. I don't have a problem with that. I don't think it should be used gratuitously.

But by the same token, if the word kill or a phrase like "to kill someone" gives you the willies, then may I suggest you get rid of your gun and choose some other way or method to stop your attacker, because I'm thinking maybe you haven't quite thought things through. I'm not going to mentally weaken my survival mindset in order to be politically correct.

I certainly hope I didn't offend anyone!

Rant Off... Carry On!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Yup
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links