Thanks DC

This is a discussion on Thanks DC within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I was helping one of my converts clean his new XD (my old one) and he asked me where I learned everything... Just wanted to ...

Thread: Thanks DC

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar

Thanks DC

I was helping one of my converts clean his new XD (my old one) and he asked me where I learned everything...

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here from the admin down to the guys who post one or two things a month but it always is good info. I think it's funny that I could name like 40 people from the forum all who have given me good advice not only on shooting guns but on life too. So thanks everybody!
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

This is a great forumn where even if people agree to disagree we do it in a respectful way all for the benefit of becoming better able to carry weapons more effectively and educate people that guns are not bad in the hands of good people
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think it's funny that I could name like 40 people from the forum all who have given me good advice not only on shooting guns but on life too.
    Now that's heavy....real heavy. Personally, I'd hope nobody ever takes my advice on life....I'm way too inexperienced in that even though I learn more every day.

Distinguished Member
    Learn by everyone else's mistakes, it much cheaper and easier.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Learn by everyone else's mistakes, it much cheaper and easier.

Z
    That is for sure 100%.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Good to know that you have learned a lot here. So have I. I'm sure most of us have.

This is a great forum and the members here have vast and varied knowledge. This is the only internet forum I post on and regularly read. I am a member of one other gun forum, but rarely read it and never post.

DC is #1 all the way.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Good to know that you have learned a lot here. So have I. I'm sure most of us have.
    +1

I am so glad that so many people, from so many varied walks of life, and many opinions, can get along with civility and decency on this great forum! I'm glad to be a part of it too!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

DC Founder
    Thanks, everyone. I'm glad you all see a value in the forum. It is the participation and support of so many of you that make this forum possible and, without your experience and experiences, it would just be a run of the mill forum. Hopefully we'll be here a long, long time.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I also enjoy viewing the comments, experiences, and opinions.
    I haven't had the gun bug long, yet I usually visit twice a day!

Don't know much about history,
    Don't know much biology,
    Don't know much about no algebra,
    Don't know what a slide rule is for-

But I do know DC forum is great
    And I would like to congratulate
    What a wonderful site this is!

(With apologies to Sam Cooke)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Bumper runs a good house here! Definitely been a great place for me to hang out this last year! I have learned a lot of great information here!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    +1 on all posts! Great site and have learned mega lots. I can even name pistols on tv shows when they pull them out. Also, my "situational awareness" has climbed a thousand percent since joining. It ain't paranoia, it's street wisdom. Even have my son hooked ("Biasedbulldog").
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Links