QuickLinks

QuickLinks

This is a discussion on QuickLinks within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Since the recent upgrade, there are fewer links under the QuickLinks menu tab. In particular, I miss the link that took me straight to my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QuickLinks

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar

QuickLinks

Since the recent upgrade, there are fewer links under the QuickLinks menu tab. In particular, I miss the link that took me straight to my own profile.

Is this a function that can be restored?

Thanks!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

DC Founder
    I wasn't aware any changes in that area had been made. If it is still available, I will restore it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    I don't know whether Bumper has restored it or not, but the User Control Panel link takes you to your own profile. If you are lazy like me you save one step by clicking on User CP on the top left of the blue bar.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

DC Founder
    I have yet to find a configuration setting that allows me to turn on, or off, links in the Quick Links area. I'll do some more research, but so far I am coming up empty.
    Bumper

Same info is available...slightly different format...seems like the same steps to get that personal info.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The UserCP page isn't what I am looking for; I want the public profile, because that's where you can get a direct link to all your own recent posts.

I can't seem to figure out how to get unparsed HTML code into a post. Bumper, what I have under QuickLinks is a blank for both the second User Control Panel link (should be "Edit Profile") and for the third entry under Miscellaneous (should be, I think, "User Profile").

In the HTML, both links are there and correct, but the link tag is empty. I have attached the HTML snippet below.
    Attached Files
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

DC Founder
    Take a screen capture of your QuickLinks if you can....
    Bumper

Here 'tis.

ql.png

DC Founder
    Okay, thanks, I was just curious whether it looked like mine which would have indicated a possible permissions type restriction set during the upgrade. Apparently not. I'll keep looking, as time permits, but so far I have found nothing....
    Bumper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    The UserCP page isn't what I am looking for; I want the public profile, because that's where you can get a direct link to all your own recent posts.
    Click UserCP, then click Your Profile, the statistics tab has the posts and threads section. The update changed the way some things look and how some are accessed.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    My browser doesn't even have 'Quick Links'.

The latter part of the banner has 'Search; New Posts; Mark Forums Read; Log Out'

Hats off to vBulletin for successfully supporting so many browsers (with all the innocuous problems.) And great thanks to Bumper and staff for a great forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Click UserCP, then click Your Profile, the statistics tab has the posts and threads section. The update changed the way some things look and how some are accessed.
    Huh. Well, I will admit that I never realized that the UserCP section headings were clickable. Go figure.

Still curious as to why my QuickLinks is messed up. Seriously, am I the only one???

DC Founder
    Still curious as to why my QuickLinks is messed up. Seriously, am I the only one???
    No, mine look exactly like yours. Since they made some fairly significant changes in the User Control Panel, I expect that vBulletin took it off of QuickLinks for some reason. Why SelfDefense's is different I have no idea, but that may be a browser problem if the entire link is not appearing....
    Bumper

Did anyone notice that there is an actual link in the blank spot?

When the drop down menu appears, there is a "hidden link" between the double sets of white lines.

Anyone else notice? Am I making sense?
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Huh. Well, I will admit that I never realized that the UserCP section headings were clickable. Go figure.

As far as I know the links were not clickable in the previous version of vBulletin. It appears that in changing the setup of the profile and UserCP that the vBulletin group reduced the options in QuickLinks. The User Control Panel option in QuickLinks takes you to the same place UserCP does and gives you the same clickable links. Seems they were trying to simplify and although they succeeded they caused problems for those who were used to doing things the old way.
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links