Help using the quote buttons

This is a discussion on Help using the quote buttons within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Can anyone explain in plain English... like they are speaking to a 4th grader, how do you utilize the two quote icons next to the ...

Thread: Help using the quote buttons

Can anyone explain in plain English... like they are speaking to a 4th grader, how do you utilize the two quote icons next to the blue oblong quote buttons at the bottom right hand of someones post?

What exactly do they do?

I am having a hard time quoting from two different posts by different people in the same thread and placing them into my post. Is that what these icons are for?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I have found that the button right next to the blue "Quote" button is for all but the last quote you want to include. Use the blue "Quote" button for the last quote. Each quote will appear in a box in your message; you can remove parts which are not relevant to your message. You can also post between them.

The quote icon above the message box puts a quote box around text you select.

The brown "quick reply" button on the far right takes you directly to a message box (I think).
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

1943 - 2009
    I am having a hard time quoting from two different posts by different people in the same thread and placing them into my post.

Use this icon:

Explained here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...752-post6.html

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Wow Captain that was easy. Thanks!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links