Republican Ok Democrat Not

This is a discussion on Republican Ok Democrat Not within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Here in Ohio we have a Democratic gov. He was left an office in shambles. One thing he fixed is the CCW mess left behind ...

Thread: Republican Ok Democrat Not

Republican Ok Democrat Not

Here in Ohio we have a Democratic gov. He was left an office in shambles. One thing he fixed is the CCW mess left behind from a republican gov.

When it comes to McCain/Palin all is good. I simply mentioned I thought Palin was a fake, Spelled out my thoughts, and had a disscussion with fellow members. Nothing heated.

I personally am Democrat but feel we dont have a candidate.
    I mentioned Ron Paul (hey he is pro constitution)

No anger or ill feelings from anyone on the thread. A few others that were right there with me.

Bamm "Deleted"

Whats with that ?? I thought this was America (Democracy) not dictator ship.

I wonder if this will get removed.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post

I wonder if this will get removed.

Yep.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Forums are privately owned, membership-based "clubs" as it were. The Terms of Service are clear and not governed by "freedom of speech." The government isn't censoring you, you are posting things contrary to the terms of use to which you agreed when you joined. There are scads of forums to discuss politics. This just isn't one of them.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Like you i am a registered democrat . Unlike you i consider ron paul as a fool , and if you push the other point all the others that come off the 2 party fools . For some years i was a republican , for some years i have ben a democrat . I vote local elections , and in a " democrat " county it pays to vote early . I should point out tho that my local " dem " is likely more concervitave than anyone you might have a chance to vote for . In my little world we vote for the person , not the party . and at about a 3 to one ratio we will elect a democrat . Our dem however wont agree or vote with the party on guns . I am a " drafted dem " and this year i will vote Palen , someone told me i gotta vote McCain too , but i guess ill deal with that . all i can say is PALIN after the health problems , she is a heartbeat away , and to be honest i want that heartbeat .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Mustang, feel free to visit http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ated-link.html

Defensive Carry is not a political forum and never has been. If you would like to discuss politics, you are more than welcome to come over to the alternate forum mentioned in post #25
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I was on a forum discussing politics. I also beleve that when on any type of computer forum, personality and attitude can play a part in what is said what is intended and what is perceived.

As far as Ron Paul. He was metioned to me by a fellow arms collector/ upset republican, on our choices. I to will probably only vote on local issues. This will be the first time in my life I do this.

It just cuts deep.

In the 70's we had a party change... is something happening now?

JD
    Administrator
    Regarding threads/posts of political nature: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...l-threads.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Our rules have always excluded the discussion of politics and, although many of you don't agree with this, it is the direction we have decided to take for the good of the forum. We simply do not want to deal with the arguments and thread deterioration (and the divisiveness) that this topic leads to.

With the Presidential elections coming up us soon, it is the duty, I believe, for every American to know the issues, know where the candidates stand on these issues and vote. This is, in my opinion, one of the most important elections in recent history and our Second Amendment is at real risk should the wrong person get in the White House, not to mention other impacts upon our lives. It is your responsibility to decide where and how to research these issues, but it should not be here.

With that said, any political threads not directly tied to concealed carry or the Second Amendment will be removed from the forum without notification. Any individual posts in an otherwise acceptable thread that tries to turn the topic into a political debate (or statement) will be removed along with any following posts that quote or otherwise reference it. We are very serious about enforcing this rule and no "wiggle room" will be allowed.

I would encourage each of you to find a political forum to post this type of material. This is just not the place....

JD I understand that however it is selective because these type of threads exist. However I guess my point is "moot"

I enjoy these forums but just question what I perceve as a double standard

Administrator

I just closed this thread fairly recently.
    Click the link and read my final post in that thread.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...an-making.html

We DID allow the "Message To Mr. Obama" Video to run for obvious reasons that I hope that I'll not have to explain.

The moderators TRY to delete all political threads and posts that are not Firearm Carry - 2nd Amendment or....firearm (in general) related.
    Occasionally we miss some.

Absolutely we try to get rid of all REPUBLICAN VS DEMOCRAT posts.

Obviously some of our members fail to differentiate between the terms Liberal and Democrat and Conservative & Republican and that always causes some misunderstandings.

Of Course not all Democrats are Ultra Left Leaning Liberals and all Republicans are not Ultra Conservative Far Right Wingers.

Also just to clarify...We are not a Democracy here.
    There is no unlimited Free Speech here.
    There is just "Speech" that stays within the forum rules and Speech that meshes with the primary focus and purpose of DefensiveCarry with some added leeway granted in Off Topic & Humor and Bob Fords Place.

I dont mean to be a trouble maker Honest. I was trying to figure out

things, (rules) and understand so I dont get hung in that mess.

I repeat. I like these forums and of all I belong to this forum is the most welcoming and with what I feel are alot of good people from different walks of life.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post

Whats with that ?? I thought this was America (Democracy) not dictator ship.

Actually, America is a Republic, not a Democracy. The will of the majority doesnt necessarily rule.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

There is no freedom of speech here, per se. This is Bumper's house, and we all play by Bumper's rules. The mods play fair and square here--there is no bias either way. That said, mods are human and probably can't get to all of the threads or posts--which may add to your perception of Repub Ok, Dems Not. I do not believe that is the case.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

DC Founder
    Although your sensitivities may lead you to believe that we allow threads regarding Republicans and remove threads about Democrats, this is simply not true. We're getting very close to doing something regarding politics I would rather not do, but I have to tell you, this is the reason I would rather have politics left off the forum. Perceptions pretty much put us in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation and, quite frankly, I am getting sick and tired of it.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links