To Many Cheifs

This is a discussion on To Many Cheifs within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Paco, I don't speak Microsoft Tech Support, but I did understand you!!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Many Cheifs

VIP Member
    Paco, I don't speak Microsoft Tech Support, but I did understand you!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Paco, I don't speak Microsoft Tech Support, but I did understand you!!
    I actually do a very good Delhi accent and had to catch myself one when I was in New Delhi, sometimes it just slips out

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Did a Mod ticked off Yoda?
    I just got that, I need a beer and bed!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Hmmm. You feel you made a mistake by joining a forum with rules? Most of here like the order that the rules bring. Yeah, some of us get our panties in a bunch when some rules are broken. It keeps the place civil and I for one like it that way. I don't know what you did, but just don't do it again. If you were selling crack on the corner I guess I would lose my "stand up guy" status for calling the cops, huh?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I feel that the Mods do a great job around here. Mustang, if you feel that strongly that you joined the wrong forum,..........Well......Bye!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Administrator
    Can I press "1" for English?

I am fairly new to this site but have viewed many as an guest beacause I wanted to evaluate the group. I don't have time for craziness and filth. That being said, this is the only one that I have signed in to. This is a site that like our society is governed by laws. And I like them. Most everyone here is a lady or gentleman and conduct themselves as such. I too have stepped over the line and don't mind being corrected. This is not my house and will follow the house rules. Thanks Mods/etc for setting up and running such a great site!
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Quote Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    This is a site that like our society is governed by laws.
    Must...

Fight....

The...

Border Joke...

Urge...

I think we, other than Mustang, are all in agreement. We like it, we abide by the rules set forth, and those who don't like it can very easily NOT LOG IN anymore.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I NEVER joined a discussion group or seen one that the members had an ounce of respect for each other until DC. In fact in my 46 years, this is the only one I have participated in. Since, I joined one other and only been back once or twice, it wasn't my cup o tea. A lot can be learned from the people on this forum, if you look at the posts and actually read them the membership has a vast array a knowledge and give their best. It's up to you from then on. I'm sure many longtime members have had their moments but shook them off and moved forward.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    I made a mistake by joining this forum...
    I must say, this rant was a little difficult to parse, but it sound like the OP did not care for the way the Admins screened his (her?) posts.

It's been my experience that whichever admin is on duty at the time is very diligent about returning a PM about a particular post. I've made one or two forum mistakes over the course of being a member, and I've always been very politely corrected by either another member, or whoever is on call.

If the OP cannot bide by rules we all deal with as members of this community, then it's his loss.

My 2 worth.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Over the years, I have been to bunchces of sites. I only do 2 now, this site and the one from my state, Kansas, which is going south real quick because of a couple stupids. Yes, this place is moderated. They keep it clean for my kids to read here. This is the best site that I have found and have a lot of friends here, even if I have never met any of them in person. You made a mistake by signing up, sign out and forget about us. Don't let the exit keystroke hit you on the way out.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Well, let's see. You broke a rule with two separate members reporting it to us. We checked it out, agreed and responded by issuing you an infraction. Any of our staff have this ability. I don't understand the rest of your post so cannot respond, but will tell you that if you believe that you "made a mistake by joining this forum" I can fix that for you real quick....

I have had my hand slapped before when I put an extra letter in an abbreviation about GMAB. I think I learned my lesson but not sure.

VIP Member
    I have to agree, those of us who choose to frequent this forum do so because of the structure and rules that are in place. It keeps things civil. Like many others I have "stumbled" over a rule now and then, but when the mods explained my mistake I took it as constructive criticism, not as being "picked on". This forum does not force anyone to come here, and it definitely does not force anyone to stay. If a person cannot abide by the rules they agreed to when joining, the solution is simple. Log out and don't come back.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I think he means, Too many chiefs. Grammer Mustang, grammer.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Administrator

It is always important to keep your forum posts in perspective.

This is an Internet forum.
    You are making a personal opinion comment in a thread post.

You are not adding an amendment to the Constitution.

You are not having your words chiseled permanently into polished granite.

It is NOT your final epitaph that is going on your tombstone.

You're not having your words engraved onto an engagement ring.

It's not your "legal and binding" divorce agreement.

Tomorrow is always another brand new day.

Let Not Your Skin Be Too Darn Thin.

I have deleted and edited my own posts and threads after giving my post some additional thought.

Moderators are free to edit me if I make a Whoops!

Just "man up" and move on because it's really not such a biggie in the "big picture" scheme of things.

VIP Member
    ditto to all the above

and as for "no direct answers just crazy scenarios"

....OP must not have looked at very many areas of this site, because I see direct and helpful answers all the time
    I guess I must not be looking at the same areas as Mustang
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links