New Rules

This is a discussion on New Rules within the Old Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Thanks to Bumper and the staff for all the hard work!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Rules

Thanks to Bumper and the staff for all the hard work!
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Okay, I have just now reset Forum Rules acceptance status for all forum members. The next time you try to make a thread or post, you will first be required to agree to the rules by checking the box at the bottom of the page and then clicking the button. None of this appears at the bottom for 20 seconds, giving you time to actually read the rules.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Well I knew this day would come!

But wow, it was hard reading that whole page in 20 seconds. You should give us more time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    But wow, it was hard reading that whole page in 20 seconds. You should give us more time.
    I can do that....
    Bumper

I was like confused there for a second, I had even sent a PM to one of the MOD'S cuz i was like, what did i do?

Thanks for the clarification.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Well Done...

Wanted to comment on the new rules. They are not so much "new" as a continuation of the high bar that Defensive Carry has set for all other gun forums. I lurk on a few others and post here and there on some...but none have the same comradery, spirit, or heartfelt touches (i.e. Bob Ford's Place). This is like a gentleman's club...I feel the administrators and mods have created an atmosphere by which we can lead by example. You guys deserve a pat on the back.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WJP9 View Post
    Wanted to comment on the new rules. They are not so much "new" as a continuation of the high bar that Defensive Carry has set for all other gun forums. I lurk on a few others and post here and there on some...but none have the same comradery, spirit, or heartfelt touches (i.e. Bob Ford's Place). This is like a gentleman's club...I feel the administrators and mods have created an atmosphere by which we can lead by example. You guys deserve a pat on the back.
    +1 great job, you do ..

This is like a gentleman's club...
    I think we have different idea's of a "gentleman's club"

So rule #4, I a$$ume words like this are a no no. Has this always been a rule?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

DC Founder
    Thanks, we appreciate it. We have been pretty successful at creating what my original vision of this forum was almost 5 years ago. It's a lot of work, but with as many active members as we have, it's much easier than one would think. It makes me think that there were many other folks that felt the same way I did. And, while we're patting people on the back, pat yourselves. We couldn't do it without the support of all of you. Well, most of you, anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    I think we have different idea's of a "gentleman's club"
    That's sort of what I was thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    So rule #4, I a$$ume words like this are a no no. Has this always been a rule?
    No, we didn't change the rule, although it was one of the areas that we tried to clarify it so maybe we wouldn't get quite so many of them.
    Bumper

This is like a gentleman's club..
    Maybe I should clean my glasses and move a little closer to the computer screen. Apparently I have been missing some of the most exciting aspects of DefensiveCarry.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry to stir the pot, but while I was reading the rules I noticed this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Signature Size Limits

All signatures may not exceed 150 characters. BB code is allowed, HTML code is not allowed. Graphics are also not allowed in signature lines. This is enforced by the software.
    Should we be removing the graphics from our signatures? Or is that an older rule that just got overlooked. I ask because in the User CP it allows you to select an image for your signature.

Thanks again Bumper for providing this site for us; it is much appreciated sir.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I might be a bit slow, but..

Is my signature in violation of this rule?

11. While we have no problem with you mentioning another forum or posting an occasional link to a particular thread in another forum, we do not allow either blatant advertising or bashing other boards/forums. Those violating this rule are subject to having all previous links removed from this forum.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Should we be removing the graphics from our signatures? Or is that an older rule that just got overlooked. I ask because in the User CP it allows you to select an image for your signature.
    The setting used to not allow graphics but appears that it might have gotten turned on again during an upgrade. That happens sometimes. Anyway, it is the rule, and will be enforced if things get out of hand, but as long as they are kept low key and non-obtrusive I'm okay with it.

Edited to add: After I posted this, I looked at the settings and found them pretty messed up. I made some changes to that area that does not allow new images in signatures, but have tried to grandfather those that do in. It may take me a while to get it straight, but I will try to over the next day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Thanks again Bumper for providing this site for us; it is much appreciated sir.
    You're very welcome.
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    I might be a bit slow, but..

Is my signature in violation of this rule?
    No, you're fine....
    Bumper

No biggie, but my CP never did have a place for a graphic in the signature. It still doesn't. I thought they were only allowed for staff or something.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links